Rice Krispie Treats

Timmy24

Culinary Explorer
Hello all! I recently made a batch of Rice Krispie treats and they came out incredibly delicious! They are a timeless and nostalgic indulgence that always brings satisfaction. Who wants to embark on a delicious and crispy snack journey? Let's enjoy Rice Krispie treats together and spread the happiness!

Original Rice Krispie Treats .jpg

Equipment​

• an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan
  • cooking spray
  • a large pot

Ingredients​

• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 (10-ounce) bag mini marshmallows, plus 1 cup (to keep aside for sprinkling in later)
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp fine sea salt
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies
  • Flaky sea salt (if that’s your bag)
  • 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk.

Instructions​

• Grease an 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan with cooking spray or softened butter.
  • Place the butter in a large pot on the stove and melt it over medium heat. Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir with a rubber spatula for about 2 minutes, until the butter and condensed milk combine. Small bubbles should form in the center of the mixture.
  • Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth.
  • Add the vanilla and salt and stir again.
  • Off the heat, add the Rice Krispies and the remaining 1 cup of marshies and stir to combine. (The extra cup of mini marshmallows for folding in at the last minute is optional — not everyone is *as* into gloopy Rice Krispies Treats. The tablespoon of vanilla works wonders with the melted, buttery marshmallows too.)
  • Transfer to the prepared pan and press down lightly with a sheet of plastic wrap (you don’t want to pack the Rice Krispies Treats down or they’ll lose their inherently soft and gooey texture). Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if using.
  • Let sit on the counter for at least 1 hour to set up. Cut into 16 slices and serve.
  • You can store any leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. (But don’t worry, there won’t be any.)

Rice Krispie treats are always a hit! Whether you're enjoying them with loved ones or savoring a moment to yourself, they're sure to bring a smile to your face. Enjoy!

Your Rice Krispie Treats recipe sounds amazing! 😋 It's such a classic and satisfying treat that's perfect for any occasion. I love how easy it is to make with just a few simple ingredients. Can't wait to try making these crispy, gooey goodies and enjoy the happiness they bring!

Your Rice Krispie Treats recipe sounds amazing! 😋 It's such a classic and satisfying treat that's perfect for any occasion. I love how easy it is to make with just a few simple ingredients. Can't wait to try making these crispy, gooey goodies and enjoy the happiness they bring!
Glad to hear! I hope you'll enjoy it. Happy cooking!😊

Rice Krispie Treats: The ultimate "I need a quick sweet fix" solution that’s as fun to make as it is to eat!

Back