Rice Pudding Recipe

EvanSeeker

Culinary Explorer

Hey friends! I just made this super creamy rice pudding from my grandfather's recipe, and it's absolutely delicious! 🥄🍚 It's perfectly sweet with a hint of vanilla, and you can even sprinkle some cinnamon on top if you like. The best part? It’s super easy to make! 😋

Rice Pudding Recipe​

Rice Pudding Recipe (1).jpg

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup medium or long grain rice
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (heaping)
  • 4 cups whole milk (2% can be used)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Cinnamon (optional)
Directions

1. In a medium pot, bring the rice, water, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
  2. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the water is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
  3. Stir in the milk and sugar. Cook uncovered over medium heat for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently, especially towards the end.
  4. The pudding is ready when the rice and milk have thickened into a porridge-like consistency. Be careful not to overcook, as the pudding will become solid when cooled.
  5. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
  6. Transfer the pudding into a bowl or individual cups.
  7. Sprinkle cinnamon on top if desired.
  8. To prevent a skin from forming, cover the surface directly with plastic wrap.
  9. Let it cool before serving.

PS: After whipping up my granddad's creamy rice pudding, I can't get over how comforting and delicious it turned out! 🥄🍚 There's something truly special about carrying on his tradition in the kitchen. Sweet, creamy, with just the right hint of vanilla and a dash of cinnamon—it's a taste of nostalgia in every bite. Trust me, you don't want to miss out on this slice of family history!

Wow! Never tried a rice pudding before. But looks delicious!🥲🥲 Let me try that one sometimes. Thanks.:giggle:
Thanks a bunch! So glad you liked the look of the rice pudding. It's a comfort classic for sure! Let me know how it turns out when you give it a try. Happy cooking!

Hey friends! I just made this super creamy rice pudding from my grandfather's recipe, and it's absolutely delicious! 🥄🍚 It's perfectly sweet with a hint of vanilla, and you can even sprinkle some cinnamon on top if you like. The best part? It’s super easy to make! 😋

Rice Pudding Recipe​

View attachment 3853

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup medium or long grain rice
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (heaping)
  • 4 cups whole milk (2% can be used)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Cinnamon (optional)
Directions

1. In a medium pot, bring the rice, water, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
  2. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the water is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
  3. Stir in the milk and sugar. Cook uncovered over medium heat for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently, especially towards the end.
  4. The pudding is ready when the rice and milk have thickened into a porridge-like consistency. Be careful not to overcook, as the pudding will become solid when cooled.
  5. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
  6. Transfer the pudding into a bowl or individual cups.
  7. Sprinkle cinnamon on top if desired.
  8. To prevent a skin from forming, cover the surface directly with plastic wrap.
  9. Let it cool before serving.

PS: After whipping up my granddad's creamy rice pudding, I can't get over how comforting and delicious it turned out! 🥄🍚 There's something truly special about carrying on his tradition in the kitchen. Sweet, creamy, with just the right hint of vanilla and a dash of cinnamon—it's a taste of nostalgia in every bite. Trust me, you don't want to miss out on this slice of family history!
This rice pudding recipe looks so comforting and delicious! Has anyone tried adding a pinch of cinnamon or some raisins for extra flavor? Can't wait to make this for dessert! 🍚🍮✨

Back