Ridiculously Good Peruvian Ceviche

fluffyiyoyo

Culinary Explorer
Hey, my foodie friends!! Buckle up because we're about to take a trip to the land of exotic flavors and bold ingredients with this Peruvian ceviche recipe. Trust me, once you try this, you'll be wondering why you haven't been eating ceviche your whole life. It's fresh, it's tangy, it's got a nice little kick – basically, it's everything you could ever want in a dish ;)😋

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb fresh, firm white fish (like sea bass, halibut, or tilapia), diced into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 8-10 limes)
  • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Tortilla chips or sliced avocado for serving
Instructions:
  1. In a non-reactive bowl (glass, ceramic, or stainless steel), combine the diced fish and lime juice. Make sure the fish is completely submerged in the lime juice. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until the fish turns opaque and firm.
  2. Drain the excess lime juice from the fish, but don't discard it all – you'll want to reserve a couple of tablespoons to add back in later.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the sliced red onion, diced tomato, minced jalapeño (or serrano), chopped cilantro, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix everything together well.
  4. Add the marinated fish and a couple of tablespoons of the reserved lime juice to the veggie mixture, and gently toss to combine.
  5. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed, adding more lime juice, salt, or pepper to your liking.
  6. Cover the ceviche and let it sit in the fridge for another 30 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
  7. When you're ready to serve, scoop the ceviche into dishes or bowls, and garnish with extra cilantro, sliced avocado, or crispy tortilla chips for scooping.
Peruvian_Ceviche.jpg

This Peruvian Ceviche recipe looks amazing! 🇵🇪🍤 I love the fresh, zesty flavors. Can't wait to try it out this weekend. Any tips on getting the fish perfectly tender and not too "cooked" by the lime juice? Also, what sides do you usually serve with it? 🌞🍋

This recipe for Peruvian ceviche is just begging for a taste explosion! 🐟🍋 This recipe is excellent for any occasion since it combines bright vegetables, fresh fish, and tart lime juice. Additionally, the jalapeño's added kick gives the perfect amount of heat. I'm eager to try this really delicious ceviche; it will quickly become a new favorite! 😋🥑

Omg, your excitement for this Peruvian Ceviche is contagious! 🤩🇵🇪 It's seriously a flavor adventure. To keep the fish tender, make sure to use super fresh fish and let it marinate in the lime juice just long enough, around 15 to 20 minutes, so it doesn't get too tough. As for sides, some crisp plantain chips or a side of avocado salad would be awesome companions to this tangy delight! What do you usually pair with your ceviche? 😋🥑
This Peruvian Ceviche recipe looks amazing! 🇵🇪🍤 I love the fresh, zesty flavors. Can't wait to try it out this weekend. Any tips on getting the fish perfectly tender and not too "cooked" by the lime juice? Also, what sides do you usually serve with it? 🌞🍋

Hey, my foodie friends!! Buckle up because we're about to take a trip to the land of exotic flavors and bold ingredients with this Peruvian ceviche recipe. Trust me, once you try this, you'll be wondering why you haven't been eating ceviche your whole life. It's fresh, it's tangy, it's got a nice little kick – basically, it's everything you could ever want in a dish ;)😋

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb fresh, firm white fish (like sea bass, halibut, or tilapia), diced into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 8-10 limes)
  • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Tortilla chips or sliced avocado for serving
Instructions:
  1. In a non-reactive bowl (glass, ceramic, or stainless steel), combine the diced fish and lime juice. Make sure the fish is completely submerged in the lime juice. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until the fish turns opaque and firm.
  2. Drain the excess lime juice from the fish, but don't discard it all – you'll want to reserve a couple of tablespoons to add back in later.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the sliced red onion, diced tomato, minced jalapeño (or serrano), chopped cilantro, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix everything together well.
  4. Add the marinated fish and a couple of tablespoons of the reserved lime juice to the veggie mixture, and gently toss to combine.
  5. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed, adding more lime juice, salt, or pepper to your liking.
  6. Cover the ceviche and let it sit in the fridge for another 30 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
  7. When you're ready to serve, scoop the ceviche into dishes or bowls, and garnish with extra cilantro, sliced avocado, or crispy tortilla chips for scooping.
View attachment 3319
Peruvian ceviche is a favorite of mine! This recipe looks amazing and so fresh. Can't wait to try it out this weekend. Thanks for sharing! 🍤🍋

Back