Roasted Chicken Recipe

Clint08

Novice Foodie
Hey foodies! I've got a killer Roasted Chicken recipe to share. Let's cook up some crispy, juicy goodness together! 🍗😋

Roasted Chicken.jpg

INGREDIENTS​

• 1 (4 to 5-pound) whole chicken, packet of giblets removed
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C), place a baking rack in the lower ⅓ of the oven, and bring the chicken to room temperature. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
  2. Place the chicken breast side up in an oven-safe pan (I prefer cast iron). Truss the legs. Drizzle with oil and use your hands to rub it all over the chicken.
  3. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, patting the seasoning in with your hands.
  4. Roast the chicken for 70 to 90 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Double check doneness with an instant-read thermometer placed in the thickest part of the thigh. It should read 165°F (74°C). Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes on a cutting board before slicing and serving.

TIPS​

• I used an almost 5-pound chicken and it took 85 minutes to cook. If you’re using a smaller chicken, make sure to check the temperature early, so that you don’t accidentally overcook it and end up with a dry bird.
  • If you don’t have kitchen twine to truss the legs, not to worry. You can still roast the chicken and just the legs fall open. But I’d recommend checking on the chicken 10 to 15 minutes earlier, as it typically cooks faster.
  • If you don’t have Italian seasoning, just sprinkle of mix of individual spices such as dried basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary.
Enjoy every bite of that delicious roasted chicken! Happy cooking, everyone!😊

Oh my goodness, just reading this roasted chicken recipe is making me drool ( ´ཀ` ) the smell of a perfectly roasted chicken is like a warm hug for your nostrils. I mean, Italian seasoning? Crispy skin? Juicy, tender meat? Count me in! I need to try this recipe ASAP! Thank you for blessing us with this deliciousness! 🤤✨

Thank you for sharing your roasted chicken recipe with us! Roasting chicken is such a classic and comforting dish, and I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to try. Your version sounds fantastic, and I'm eager to give it a go. There's something so satisfying about the crispy skin and juicy meat of a well-roasted chicken. I appreciate you taking the time to share your recipe and inspire others to get creative in the kitchen!

Back