Saag Paneer Recipe πŸ₯¬

I recently made this delightful Saag Paneer and I have to say, it was a hit! This classic Indian dish combines the richness of paneer with the wholesome goodness of spinach. It’s packed with flavor and is perfect for a comforting meal. Trust me, you won't regret trying this delicious and nutritious dish! πŸ₯°

SAAG PANNER RECIPE.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 lb (450 g) fresh spinach leaves (or 1 package frozen spinach)
  • 1 block (about 8 oz) paneer, cubed
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil or ghee
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
  • 2 green chilies, finely chopped (optional, adjust to taste)
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsp red chili powder (adjust to taste)
  • Salt to taste
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream or yogurt (optional, for creaminess)
  • Lemon wedges, for serving
Directions:
  1. If using fresh spinach, wash thoroughly and blanch in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Drain and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water to retain the green color. Drain again and blend into a smooth paste using a blender or food processor. If using frozen spinach, thaw and blend directly.
  2. In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee over medium heat. Add the paneer cubes and fry until golden brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
  3. In the same pan, add the remaining oil or ghee. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
  4. Add the chopped onions and cook until golden brown.
  5. Add the ginger-garlic paste and green chilies, and cook for another 2 minutes until the raw smell disappears.
  6. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they become soft and oil starts to separate from the mixture.
  7. Add garam masala, ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric powder, and red chili powder. Stir well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
  8. Add the spinach puree to the pan and mix well with the onion-tomato-spice mixture.
  9. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. Add salt to taste.
  10. Stir in the fried paneer cubes. If using, add the cream or yogurt and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes.
  11. Serve hot with naan, roti, or rice. Garnish with lemon wedges.

Enjoy your homemade Saag Paneer! 🀞

I recently made this delightful Saag Paneer and I have to say, it was a hit! This classic Indian dish combines the richness of paneer with the wholesome goodness of spinach. It’s packed with flavor and is perfect for a comforting meal. Trust me, you won't regret trying this delicious and nutritious dish! πŸ₯°

View attachment 4301
Ingredients:

• 1 lb (450 g) fresh spinach leaves (or 1 package frozen spinach)
  • 1 block (about 8 oz) paneer, cubed
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil or ghee
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
  • 2 green chilies, finely chopped (optional, adjust to taste)
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsp red chili powder (adjust to taste)
  • Salt to taste
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream or yogurt (optional, for creaminess)
  • Lemon wedges, for serving
Directions:
  1. If using fresh spinach, wash thoroughly and blanch in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Drain and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water to retain the green color. Drain again and blend into a smooth paste using a blender or food processor. If using frozen spinach, thaw and blend directly.
  2. In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee over medium heat. Add the paneer cubes and fry until golden brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
  3. In the same pan, add the remaining oil or ghee. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
  4. Add the chopped onions and cook until golden brown.
  5. Add the ginger-garlic paste and green chilies, and cook for another 2 minutes until the raw smell disappears.
  6. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they become soft and oil starts to separate from the mixture.
  7. Add garam masala, ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric powder, and red chili powder. Stir well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
  8. Add the spinach puree to the pan and mix well with the onion-tomato-spice mixture.
  9. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. Add salt to taste.
  10. Stir in the fried paneer cubes. If using, add the cream or yogurt and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes.
  11. Serve hot with naan, roti, or rice. Garnish with lemon wedges.

Enjoy your homemade Saag Paneer! 🀞
I think saag paneer is a great way to get your greens and protein in one dish. Though traditionally vegetarian, some people add a bit of cream for richness. πŸ₯›πŸŒΏ

Back