Vegetable Biryani

frustratedcook

Culinary Explorer
Hello!! Let me share with you guys one of my current fave, Vegetable Biryani!!!

Ingredients:

• 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed and soaked for 30 minutes
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • 1 potato, diced
  • 1/2 cup green peas
  • 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
  • 2 green chilies, slit lengthwise
  • 1/4 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
  • 1 teaspoon garam masala
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
  • 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
  • 2 tablespoons ghee or vegetable oil
  • Salt to taste
Vegetable-Biryani.jpg

Instructions:

1. Heat ghee or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
  2. Add sliced onions and sautรฉ until golden brown.
  3. Add minced garlic, grated ginger, and green chilies. Sautรฉ for a minute until fragrant.
  4. Add diced carrots, potatoes, cauliflower florets, and green peas. Cook for 5 minutes until slightly tender.
  5. Stir in chopped tomatoes and cook until they soften.
  6. Add garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, ground coriander, and salt. Mix well to coat the vegetables with the spices.
  7. Drain the soaked rice and add it to the skillet. Gently stir to combine with the vegetables.
  8. In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt until smooth. Pour it over the rice and vegetables. Mix gently to combine.
  9. Add 2 cups of water to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
  10. If using saffron threads, dissolve them in a tablespoon of warm milk and drizzle over the cooked biryani.
  11. Garnish with chopped cilantro and mint leaves before serving.

Attachments

• Vegetable-Biryani.jpg
    Vegetable-Biryani.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 46
Hey there! :) Thank you for sharing your current favorite, Vegetable Biryani!๐ŸŒŸ It's such a flavorful and aromatic dish, packed with colorful vegies and fragrant spices. Each spoonful is like a journey through deliciousness! ๐Ÿ˜‹ I'm excited to hear more about your recipe and maybe even give it a try myself! ๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿฅ•๐ŸŒถ๏ธ

Your vegetable biryani recipe looks delicious and packed with flavor! I love how you've included all those yummy veggies and spices;)

Back