Saffron Carrot Coins with Pistachio and Mint Gremolata

Fivemplarity

Novice Foodie
This dish is a colorful and flavorful twist on roasted carrots. The saffron adds a subtle floral aroma to the carrots, while the pistachio and mint gremolata provide a delightful textural and taste contrast. It's a simple yet elegant side dish that's perfect for any occasion!

Ingredients
Saffron Carrot Coins with Pistachio and Mint Gremolata.jpeg

• For the Saffron Carrot Coins:
    • 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • ½ teaspoon dried saffron threads
    • ¼ cup water
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • For the Pistachio and Mint Gremolata:
    • ¼ cup unsalted pistachios, chopped
    • 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
    • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Procedure
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Make the Saffron Infused Oil: In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil and saffron threads. Heat over low heat for 5 minutes, just until the oil is warm and fragrant. Do not let it boil. Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
  3. Toss the carrot coins with the saffron-infused oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the carrots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and slightly golden brown.
  5. While the carrots roast, make the Pistachio and Mint Gremolata: In a small bowl, combine the chopped pistachios, mint leaves, lemon zest, and garlic.
  6. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Season with a pinch of salt, if desired.
  7. To serve, arrange the roasted carrot coins on a plate and spoon the Pistachio and Mint Gremolata over the top. Enjoy!
This recipe is a simple yet impressive way to elevate the humble carrot. It's sure to become a new favorite side dish!

Saffron carrot coins with pistachio and mint gremolata? 🥕🌿 A sophisticated side dish featuring tender carrots infused with saffron, topped with a flavorful pistachio and mint gremolata for a burst of freshness and crunch - a gourmet delight for your taste buds!

I never thought of combining saffron, carrot, pistachio, and mint together, but it sounds like a flavor explosion waiting to happen. Can't wait to try it out and impress my friends at the next dinner party! Thanks for sharing this unique and delicious recipe! 🥕🌿

These Saffron Carrot Coins with Pistachio and Mint Gremolata are a vibrant and elegant twist on roasted carrots! 🥕✨ I can't wait to savor the delightful flavors and textures in this unique side dish. Thanks for sharing this culinary gem! 🌿🍽️

h my goodness, let me tell you about Saffron Carrot Coins with Pistachio and Mint Gremolata! 🥕✨ Imagine vibrant orange carrot coins infused with the luxurious aroma of saffron, cooked to tender perfection. 🌟 And then, just when you think it couldn't get any better, they're adorned with a generous sprinkle of crunchy pistachios and a refreshing burst of mint gremolata! 🌿💚 It's like a symphony of flavors dancing on your taste buds, each bite a delightful harmony of sweetness, nuttiness, and herbaceous freshness. 🎶💫 Trust me, once you try this dish, you'll be hooked!

This dish is a colorful and flavorful twist on roasted carrots. The saffron adds a subtle floral aroma to the carrots, while the pistachio and mint gremolata provide a delightful textural and taste contrast. It's a simple yet elegant side dish that's perfect for any occasion!

IngredientsView attachment 3023
  • For the Saffron Carrot Coins:
    • 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • ½ teaspoon dried saffron threads
    • ¼ cup water
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • For the Pistachio and Mint Gremolata:
    • ¼ cup unsalted pistachios, chopped
    • 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
    • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Procedure
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Make the Saffron Infused Oil: In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil and saffron threads. Heat over low heat for 5 minutes, just until the oil is warm and fragrant. Do not let it boil. Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
  3. Toss the carrot coins with the saffron-infused oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the carrots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and slightly golden brown.
  5. While the carrots roast, make the Pistachio and Mint Gremolata: In a small bowl, combine the chopped pistachios, mint leaves, lemon zest, and garlic.
  6. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Season with a pinch of salt, if desired.
  7. To serve, arrange the roasted carrot coins on a plate and spoon the Pistachio and Mint Gremolata over the top. Enjoy!
This recipe is a simple yet impressive way to elevate the humble carrot. It's sure to become a new favorite side dish!
Wow, saffron carrot coins with pistachio and mint gremolata! That's quite the mouthful, both in name and flavor, I bet. The combination of saffron, carrots, pistachios, and mint sounds like a vibrant and aromatic dish. I'm intrigued by the idea of using carrots in this way and can't wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing this unique recipe!

Back