Sakura Mochi (Cherry Blossom Rice Cakes) Recipe🌸

Mui

Tasty Apprentice
Hi everyone, Recently I made a Japanese dessert called Sakura Mochi. Have you ever tried this? It's pink Japanese rice cake with stuffed of red sweet bean filling. I really loved this, especially in Sakura season. I hope you will like it too! 💮

sakura-mochi.jpg

Ingredients
  • 3⁄4 cup sweet rice, (mochigome) or glutinous rice
  • 3⁄4 cup water
  • red food coloring, (1 drop)
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 5 tbsp red bean paste, (anko)
  • 6 sakura leaves, pickled

Instructions

1. Rinse the sweet rice and soak it for at least 1 hour to overnight.

2. Meanwhile, soak the sakura leaves in water for 15 minutes to remove salt. Then dry the leaves with paper towel.

3. Wet hands and roll anko into 6 small balls between hands.

4. Drain well and put the sweet rice in a large bowl.

5. Add water and red food coloring and mix well.

6. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 6 minutes. Mix once in between.

7. Uncover the plastic wrap and mix. Then cover with kitchen towel for 5 minutes.

8. Add sugar to the sweet rice and mix it all together.

9. Pound the sweet rice with a pestle until sweet rice is very sticky (keep some rice shape). Divide the rice into 6 portions.

10. On the prep surface, place a sheet of plastic wrap and spray a bit of water. Place ⅙ of sweet rice and spread it into a rectangular shape. Make sure there is no void in the center area.

11. Place an anko ball in the center and roll the sweet rice over it to cover anko.

12. Tighten the plastic wrap and twist to make a nice oval shape.

13. Lastly wrap with a sakura leaf. Leave it at room temperature for an hour or so till the mochi absorbs the flavors from the sakura leaf. Enjoy!

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for sharing this Sakura Mochi recipe! 🌸 I've always wanted to try making these delicate cherry blossom rice cakes at home. Can't wait to give it a go and add a touch of springtime magic to my kitchen! 🌸✨

Wow, your Sakura Mochi recipe sounds great! I haven't made it before, but I've tried it at a restaurant and liked it. The pink rice cake with sweet red bean filling sounds tasty, especially during Sakura season. Thanks for sharing! 🌸

This recipe looks absolutely tasty! I can almost taste the sweet combination of the pink rice cake and the red bean filling. Thank you for sharing the recipe and your experience with us!

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for sharing this Sakura Mochi recipe! 🌸 I've always wanted to try making these delicate cherry blossom rice cakes at home. Can't wait to give it a go and add a touch of springtime magic to my kitchen! 🌸✨
Your Sakura Mochi recipe sounds absolutely delightful! 💮 I've never tried it before, but the combination of pink Japanese rice cake with a red sweet bean filling sounds like a perfect treat. Thank you for sharing your recipe ;)
Wow, your Sakura Mochi recipe sounds great! I haven't made it before, but I've tried it at a restaurant and liked it. The pink rice cake with sweet red bean filling sounds tasty, especially during Sakura season. Thanks for sharing! 🌸
This recipe looks absolutely tasty! I can almost taste the sweet combination of the pink rice cake and the red bean filling. Thank you for sharing the recipe and your experience with us!
Oh, I hope you everyone enjoy my sakura mochi recipe. Thanks 🥰

Back