Salted Watermelon Ice Cream

Chiyah_

Culinary Explorer
Want something a refreshing and unique dessert to beat the heat? I will share you my recipe for my family's favorite dessert every summer. The salted watermelon ice cream, this recipe yields a creamy and refreshing ice cream with a subtle saltiness that enhances the natural sweetness of the watermelon. Here's how to make it. 🌴✨

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups diced seedless watermelon
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
  • Optional: Additional sea salt for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Place the diced watermelon in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
  2. Pour the pureed watermelon into a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl. Use a spoon to press the puree through the sieve, extracting as much juice as possible. Discard any solids left in the sieve.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, granulated sugar, sea salt, and freshly squeezed lime juice until the sugar is dissolved.
  4. Add the watermelon juice to the cream mixture and whisk until well combined.
  5. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
  6. Transfer the churned ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
  7. Once the ice cream is firm, scoop it into bowls or cones to serve. If desired, sprinkle a little additional sea salt on top for a salty-sweet contrast.
  8. Enjoy your homemade salted watermelon ice cream!

Feel free to adjust the amount of salt and sugar according to your taste preferences. Enjoy this and let me know your thoughts! 🌴✨😉

salted watermelon.jpg

This sounds like the perfect summer treat! I love the idea of the sweet watermelon with a hint of saltiness. Can't wait to make it! :)

I definitely would take a try on your salted watermelon ice cream. Sounds just perfect for a hot summer day. 🍉🍦 Nothing like slightly salty watermelon 🔥. Can't wait to get this ice and try it out. "fresh" is gonna rock! Thanks for sharing!😎

Back