Savory Butternut Squash Soup for Lunch 🥣 Recipe

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! With fall just around the corner, I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes featuring delicious squash. This savory butternut squash soup is perfect for warming you up on a chilly day. Here's how to make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil for sautéing
  • Optional garnishes: toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh parsley, a drizzle of coconut cream
    1713527302020.jpeg
Instructions:
  1. Heat a large pot over medium heat and add a splash of olive oil.
  2. Sauté the diced onion, minced garlic, chopped carrot, and celery until they're softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
  3. Add the cubed butternut squash to the pot along with the vegetable broth, dried thyme, and ground cinnamon.
  4. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer until the squash is tender, about 20-25 minutes.
  5. Once the squash is cooked through, use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender (in batches) to puree until smooth.
  6. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste, adjusting the seasoning as needed.
  7. Serve the butternut squash soup hot, garnished with toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh parsley, and a drizzle of coconut cream if desired.
I hope you all enjoy this comforting and nourishing lunch option! It's a great way to enjoy the flavors of fall while staying cozy at home. Let me know if you give it a try! 🍲

Butternut squash soup is such a comforting dish, especially during colder months. I love the idea of enjoying it for lunch – warm, savory, and packed with flavor. Can't wait to give this recipe a try! 🍲🍂

Back