Savory Pan-Seared Pork Liver with Caramelized Onions Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Title: Savory Pan-Seared Pork Liver with Caramelized Onions
Hey foodie friends! I recently whipped up a dish that turned out to be a delightful surprise – Pan-Seared Pork Liver with Caramelized Onions. If you're a fan of hearty, savory dinners, this recipe is definitely worth a try!
Ingredients:
  • 500g pork liver, sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
  • 2 large onions, thinly sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1/4 cup beef or chicken broth (or water)
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Start by patting dry the pork liver slices with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Season them generously with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the dried thyme and rosemary. Dust the liver slices lightly with flour, shaking off any excess.
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted and the skillet is hot, add the pork liver slices in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. You may need to cook them in batches. Sear the liver slices for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned. Transfer the cooked liver slices to a plate and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and butter. Add the sliced onions and minced garlic to the skillet, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and caramelized, about 15-20 minutes.
  4. Once the onions are caramelized, return the cooked liver slices to the skillet, nestling them among the onions. Pour in the beef or chicken broth (or water) and balsamic vinegar, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon.
  5. Allow the liver slices to simmer in the onion mixture for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until heated through and the flavors have melded together. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
  6. Serve the Pan-Seared Pork Liver with Caramelized Onions hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired. This dish pairs wonderfully with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or crusty bread. Enjoy!
I hope you all give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! It's a great way to enjoy pork liver in a flavorful and satisfying way.

Attachments

• Savory Pan-Seared Pork Liver with Caramelized Onions Recipe.jpg
    Savory Pan-Seared Pork Liver with Caramelized Onions Recipe.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 9
Oooh, intrigued by the combo of liver and caramelized onions :unsure: never thought to try that before!! Definitely gotta give this recipe a shot for a unique and flavorful dinner! 😋

Title: Savory Pan-Seared Pork Liver with Caramelized Onions
Hey foodie friends! I recently whipped up a dish that turned out to be a delightful surprise – Pan-Seared Pork Liver with Caramelized Onions. If you're a fan of hearty, savory dinners, this recipe is definitely worth a try!
Ingredients:
  • 500g pork liver, sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
  • 2 large onions, thinly sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1/4 cup beef or chicken broth (or water)
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Start by patting dry the pork liver slices with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Season them generously with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the dried thyme and rosemary. Dust the liver slices lightly with flour, shaking off any excess.
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted and the skillet is hot, add the pork liver slices in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. You may need to cook them in batches. Sear the liver slices for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned. Transfer the cooked liver slices to a plate and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and butter. Add the sliced onions and minced garlic to the skillet, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and caramelized, about 15-20 minutes.
  4. Once the onions are caramelized, return the cooked liver slices to the skillet, nestling them among the onions. Pour in the beef or chicken broth (or water) and balsamic vinegar, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon.
  5. Allow the liver slices to simmer in the onion mixture for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until heated through and the flavors have melded together. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
  6. Serve the Pan-Seared Pork Liver with Caramelized Onions hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired. This dish pairs wonderfully with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or crusty bread. Enjoy!
I hope you all give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! It's a great way to enjoy pork liver in a flavorful and satisfying way.
Wow, this savory pan-seared pork liver with caramelized onions recipe sounds like a flavorful dish! I've never tried cooking pork liver this way before, but I'm intrigued by the combination of savory liver and sweet caramelized onions. Can't wait to give it a try and see how it turns out!

Savory pan-seared pork liver with caramelized onions recipe? 🍖🔥 A deliciously hearty dish with a perfect balance of flavors that's sure to impress!

Back