Savory Sesame Crusted Tofu with Spiced Mango Salsa and Coconut Basmati Rice

willa_On

Culinary Explorer
I recently tried a recipe for Savory Sesame Crusted Tofu with Spiced Mango Salsa and Coconut Basmati Rice, and let me tell you, it was a flavor explosion.

This dish is a fantastic vegetarian option that's packed with protein and healthy fats. The tofu gets a delightful crispy coating from the sesame seeds, while the spiced mango salsa adds a vibrant sweetness and a touch of heat. The coconut basmati rice ties everything together with a creamy texture and a subtle coconut aroma.

It might sound like a strange combination at first, but trust me, it works! It's a great way to add some variety to your tofu routine and introduce some exciting new flavors to your dinner table.

Savory Sesame Crusted Tofu with Spiced Mango Salsa and Coconut Basmati Rice.jpeg
Ingredients:

• For the Sesame Crusted Tofu:
    • 1 block (14 oz) extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
    • 1/4 cup soy sauce
    • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
    • 1/2 cup white sesame seeds
    • Vegetable oil for frying
  • For the Spiced Mango Salsa:
    • 1 ripe mango, diced
    • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
    • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional, for more heat)
    • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    • 1 tablespoon lime juice
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • For the Coconut Basmati Rice:
    • 1 cup basmati rice
    • 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
    • 1 1/2 cups water
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Procedure:
  1. Prepare the Tofu: Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place the tofu slices on a paper towel-lined baking sheet and top with another layer of paper towels. Press out any excess moisture for at least 15 minutes.
  2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and cornstarch. Add the tofu slices and marinate for 15 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, spread the sesame seeds on a plate. Dredge the marinated tofu slices in the sesame seeds, coating them evenly.
  4. Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the tofu slices for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
  5. Make the Spiced Mango Salsa: In a medium bowl, combine the diced mango, red onion, jalapeno pepper (if using), cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
  6. Cook the Coconut Basmati Rice: In a saucepan, combine the basmati rice, coconut milk, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through and fluffy.
  7. To Serve: Plate the coconut basmati rice, top with a sesame-crusted tofu slice, and spoon the spiced mango salsa on the side.
This recipe is a fun way to explore new flavor combinations and enjoy tofu in a whole new way. Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Thanks for sharing! I've been looking for more creative ways to cook tofu, and this savory sesame crust with the spiced mango salsa sounds like a winner. Can't wait to give it a try! 🍽️🌱

Wow, your recipe for Savory Sesame Crusted Tofu with Spiced Mango Salsa and Coconut Basmati Rice sounds absolutely amazing! 😍🌟 I love the combination of flavors and textures you've put together. It's such a creative and delicious-sounding dish. I can't wait to give it a try myself! Thanks for sharing this culinary inspiration with us all.

Wow, your Savory Sesame Crusted Tofu with Spiced Mango Salsa and Coconut Basmati Rice recipe sounds like a flavor explosion! 🌟🥭 Love the creative combination of textures and flavors. Can't wait to give this a try for a delicious and satisfying meal. Thanks for sharing your culinary masterpiece! 🍚

Back