Savory Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodie friends!
I recently whipped up this mouthwatering recipe for Savory Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast, and it was a total game-changer for dinner at my house. It's a fantastic way to elevate your chicken game with a burst of flavor and a touch of elegance. Plus, it's easier to make than it looks! Here's how:
Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • Toothpicks or kitchen twine (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a baking dish with olive oil or cooking spray.
  2. In a skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the minced garlic until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
  3. Add the fresh spinach leaves to the skillet and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
  4. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the crumbled feta cheese and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Season the mixture with dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper, to taste. Set aside to cool slightly.
  5. While the filling cools, carefully butterfly each chicken breast by slicing horizontally through the center, but not all the way through, to create a pocket for the stuffing.
  6. Stuff each chicken breast with the spinach and feta mixture, dividing it evenly among the breasts. You can use toothpicks or kitchen twine to secure the openings, but it's optional.
  7. Place the stuffed chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle them with additional salt, pepper, and herbs, if desired.
  8. Bake the stuffed chicken breasts in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (75°C) when tested with a meat thermometer.
  9. Once cooked, remove the stuffed chicken breasts from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
  10. Serve the savory spinach and feta stuffed chicken breasts hot, garnished with fresh herbs or a drizzle of balsamic glaze, alongside your favorite sides like roasted potatoes or steamed vegetables.
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I did! It's a delicious way to shake up your weeknight dinner routine and impress your loved ones with minimal effort. Let me know if you have any questions or if you add your own twist to the recipe. Bon appétit! 🍽️🌿

Attachments

• 64a263e99fd0a5001ca6db40.jpg
    64a263e99fd0a5001ca6db40.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 47
That sounds absolutely delicious! I love the combination of savory spinach and tangy feta stuffed inside chicken breast. It's such a flavorful and satisfying dish. Plus, it's a great way to incorporate some healthy greens into your meal. 🥗😋

Back