Savory Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I'm excited to share one of my family's all-time favorite dinner recipes: Savory Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. These hearty rolls are filled with a flavorful mixture of ground beef, rice, and herbs, then simmered in a rich tomato sauce until tender and delicious. Here's what you'll need:
Ingredients:
  • 1 large head of cabbage
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 cup cooked rice
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions:
  1. Start by prepping the cabbage leaves. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully remove the core from the cabbage head and place it in the boiling water. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the outer leaves are tender and easy to peel off. Remove the leaves with tongs and set them aside to cool.
  2. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
  3. Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it apart with a spatula as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.
  4. Stir in the cooked rice, dried thyme, dried oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
  5. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
  6. Take each cabbage leaf and place a spoonful of the beef and rice mixture at the base of the leaf. Roll the leaf tightly around the filling, tucking in the sides as you go, similar to rolling a burrito. Repeat with the remaining leaves and filling.
  7. In a separate bowl, mix together the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and beef broth to create the sauce.
  8. Pour a small amount of the tomato sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange the stuffed cabbage rolls seam side down in the dish.
  9. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the cabbage rolls, covering them completely.
  10. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the cabbage rolls are tender.
  11. Once done, remove the foil and sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top for a pop of color and freshness.
  12. Serve the Savory Stuffed Cabbage Rolls hot, spooning some of the tomato sauce over each roll. They pair wonderfully with a side of mashed potatoes or crusty bread.
    1714262276984.jpeg
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy the comforting flavors of these stuffed cabbage rolls as much as my family does! Let me know if you have any questions or if you decide to make them for dinner tonight!

Stuffed cabbage rolls? Count me in! 🥬🌟 There's something so comforting about savory fillings wrapped up in tender cabbage leaves. Can't wait to give this recipe a try and savor all that deliciousness! Thanks for sharing! 🍽️😋

Comfort food perfection sounds like these Savory Stuffed Cabbage Rolls! My mouth is watering just thinking about the delectable blend of rice, meat, and fragrant herbs wrapped in soft cabbage leaves. And that flavorful tomato sauce enhanced with onion and garlic? It will undoubtedly bring all those flavorful elements together flawlessly. Furthermore, using fresh parsley as a final touch brings a bright pop of color and freshness. I'm adding this dish to my list of things to make for a nice, relaxing supper. 🍅🥬🍽

Looks delicious! 🤩 Can't wait to try making these savory stuffed cabbage rolls. They seem like the perfect comforting meal for a cozy night in. Thanks for sharing! 🥬🍅😋

Savory stuffed cabbage rolls? Ah, the classic comfort food that's like a warm hug on a chilly day! 🥬🍽️ Indulge in tender cabbage leaves wrapped around a hearty filling of seasoned ground meat, rice, and savory spices, all simmered in a rich tomato sauce. It's a dish that's as satisfying to make as it is to eat, perfect for sharing with loved ones around the dinner table! 🌟🏡

These savory stuffed cabbage rolls look like a cozy, comforting meal! 😊 I can almost smell the delicious aroma just by looking at the picture. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. I'll definitely give it a try for my next family dinner. 🥬🍴

Back