Scallops with Grapefruit and Bacon

KainGo127

Culinary Explorer
Hello there! you guys should try this Scallops with Grapefruit and Bacon - a delightful blend of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds! 🍇🥓✨ Perfectly seared scallops, crispy bacon, and zesty grapefruit come together in a savory dish that's both elegant and delicious. Try it out for a delightful culinary experience! 🍽️👩‍🍳

Scallops with Grapefruit and Bac.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 large grapefruit
  • 3 ounces slab bacon, cut into 1-by-1/4-inch matchsticks
  • 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops (about 20)
  • Salt
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 1/2 cup Sauvignon Blanc
  • 2 tablespoons drained capers
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions:

1. Peel the grapefruit, removing all the bitter white pith, and cut between the membranes to release the sections. Squeeze the juice from the membrane into a bowl; you should have about 3 tablespoons of juice.
  2. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over moderate heat until crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small plate, leaving 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet.
  3. Season the scallops with salt and pepper, then add them to the skillet. Cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn the scallops, add the onion, and cook until just cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
  4. Add the wine and grapefruit juice to the skillet, bring to a simmer, and cook, scraping up any browned bits. Strain the liquid into a cup, then return it to the skillet. Add the capers and butter and cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
  5. Add the scallops and any juices back to the skillet, turning to coat them with the sauce. Finally, add the grapefruit sections and bacon, and serve immediately. Enjoy your flavorful dish! 🍇🥓🍴

Indulge in a culinary journey with these Scallops with Grapefruit and Bacon! 😋🍽️ Experience the delightful blend of flavors - the sweet tanginess of grapefruit, the savory crunch of bacon, and the succulent tenderness of scallops - for a taste sensation like no other! Can't wait for you to savor it!

Hello there! you guys should try this Scallops with Grapefruit and Bacon - a delightful blend of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds! 🍇🥓✨ Perfectly seared scallops, crispy bacon, and zesty grapefruit come together in a savory dish that's both elegant and delicious. Try it out for a delightful culinary experience! 🍽️👩‍🍳

View attachment 2181

Ingredients:

• 1 large grapefruit
  • 3 ounces slab bacon, cut into 1-by-1/4-inch matchsticks
  • 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops (about 20)
  • Salt
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 1/2 cup Sauvignon Blanc
  • 2 tablespoons drained capers
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions:

1. Peel the grapefruit, removing all the bitter white pith, and cut between the membranes to release the sections. Squeeze the juice from the membrane into a bowl; you should have about 3 tablespoons of juice.
  2. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over moderate heat until crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small plate, leaving 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet.
  3. Season the scallops with salt and pepper, then add them to the skillet. Cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn the scallops, add the onion, and cook until just cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
  4. Add the wine and grapefruit juice to the skillet, bring to a simmer, and cook, scraping up any browned bits. Strain the liquid into a cup, then return it to the skillet. Add the capers and butter and cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
  5. Add the scallops and any juices back to the skillet, turning to coat them with the sauce. Finally, add the grapefruit sections and bacon, and serve immediately. Enjoy your flavorful dish! 🥓🍇🍴

Indulge in a culinary journey with these Scallops with Grapefruit and Bacon! 😋🍽️ Experience the delightful blend of flavors - the sweet tanginess of grapefruit, the savory crunch of bacon, and the succulent tenderness of scallops - for a taste sensation like no other! Can't wait for you to savor it!Though I've never tried it, I can imagine the tangy citrus of the grapefruit cutting through the richness of the bacon and scallops, adding a refreshing twist to the dish.
Though I've never tried it, I can imagine the tangy citrus of the grapefruit cutting through the richness of the bacon and scallops, adding a refreshing twist to the dish.🍇🥓🍴

Though I've never tried it, I can imagine the tangy citrus of the grapefruit cutting through the richness of the bacon and scallops, adding a refreshing twist to the dish.🍇🥓🍴
Absolutely! You've got it spot on. The tangy kick of grapefruit sounds like the perfect complement to the savory goodness of bacon and scallops. Your description has me eager to give this flavor combination a try! Thanks for sharing your tasty insight! 🍇🥓🍴

Back