Scottish Shortbread Recipe

lomiloml

Culinary Explorer
Scottish-Shortbread_EXPS_DIYD20_1889_B09_17_3b-2.jpg

I've got a fantastic Scottish shortbread recipe for you! I tried it last weekend, and the buttery, crumbly texture was absolutely perfect. It’s surprisingly simple to make and a great treat to enjoy with a cup of tea.

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • A pinch of salt

Instructions:​

1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until it's light and fluffy.
  3. Gradually add the flour and salt, mixing until the dough comes together. It will be a bit crumbly, but that’s okay!
  4. Press the dough into a 9x9-inch baking pan, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon or your fingers.
  5. Use a fork to prick the dough all over. This helps it bake evenly.
  6. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
  7. Let it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then cut it into squares or fingers while it’s still warm.
And that's it! These shortbread cookies are so simple, but they have a rich, buttery flavor that’s irresistible. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee, and I promise you'll be hooked. 🫖🍪

View attachment 4925

I've got a fantastic Scottish shortbread recipe for you! I tried it last weekend, and the buttery, crumbly texture was absolutely perfect. It’s surprisingly simple to make and a great treat to enjoy with a cup of tea.

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • A pinch of salt

Instructions:​

1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until it's light and fluffy.
  3. Gradually add the flour and salt, mixing until the dough comes together. It will be a bit crumbly, but that’s okay!
  4. Press the dough into a 9x9-inch baking pan, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon or your fingers.
  5. Use a fork to prick the dough all over. This helps it bake evenly.
  6. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
  7. Let it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then cut it into squares or fingers while it’s still warm.
And that's it! These shortbread cookies are so simple, but they have a rich, buttery flavor that’s irresistible. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee, and I promise you'll be hooked. 🫖🍪
I think using a high-quality butter is key for that rich flavor, though it might be a bit more indulgent! 🧈🍪

These Scottish Shortbreads look absolutely delicious! Perfectly buttery and crumbly—definitely adding this to my baking list! Can’t wait to try them! 😋

Scottish shortbread is such a buttery treat! 🥐 Do you like it with a light dusting of sugar on top, or keep it plain? Either way, it's hard to beat that crumbly, melt-in-your-mouth texture!

Back