Seared Scallops with Honey Sriracha Glaze

Fivemplarity

Novice Foodie
Date night in doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. This past weekend, I wanted to impress my significant other with something special but also achievable in my tiny apartment kitchen. Enter these Seared Scallops with Honey Sriracha Glaze!

Let me tell you, this dish is a winner. The scallops are perfectly seared and juicy, and the honey sriracha glaze is a sweet and spicy explosion of flavor. It's fancy enough for a special occasion but so easy to whip up that you won't believe it.

Plus, it's naturally gluten-free and can be easily adapted to be dairy-free or paleo-friendly with a few simple swaps.

Seared Scallops with Honey Sriracha Glaze.jpeg

Here's what you'll need:

• 12 large sea scallops
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon sriracha (adjust to your spice preference)
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce (use tamari for gluten-free option)
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil (omit for sesame-free option)
  • Chopped fresh scallions, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:

1. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Season generously with salt and pepper.
  2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, sear the scallops for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
  3. While the scallops are searing, in a small bowl, whisk together the honey, sriracha, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and sesame oil (if using).
  4. Once the scallops are cooked, add the glaze to the pan and cook for an additional minute or two, until slightly thickened.
  5. Serve the scallops immediately over rice or your favorite side dish. Garnish with chopped scallions (optional).
This recipe is a surefire way to impress anyone! It's elegant, flavorful, and incredibly easy to make. Plus, it's a great way to show off your cooking skills without spending hours in the kitchen.

So ditch the takeout menus and give these Seared Scallops with Honey Sriracha Glaze a try! I have a feeling this will become your new go-to for date night dinners or a quick and impressive weeknight meal.

Wow, this recipe sounds like a flavor explosion! 😍🔥 Seared scallops with a honey Sriracha glaze? Count me in! 🍯🌶️ Can't wait to give this a try—it's got that perfect balance of sweet and spicy that's just irresistible! Thanks for sharing your culinary masterpiece!

Mmm, these Seared Scallops with Honey Sriracha Glaze are the bomb! I love how you made it seem fancy but doable in a small kitchen. That sweet and spicy combo is like a party in my mouth! And it's gluten-free too? Bonus! Can't wait to make it at home! 🍽️😋

Sounds awesome @Fivemplarity ! Those scallops with honey sriracha glaze sound like a total game-changer. Bet your date night was on point without even leaving your pad. 🤗

Oh, yum! 😍 Seared Scallops with Honey Sriracha Glaze is a flavor explosion! The sweetness of honey paired with the kick of Sriracha makes these scallops irresistible. Can't wait to try it! 🍯🔥🍴

Back