🐟 Seared Swordfish with Orzo Recipe 🍽️

dttodot

Novice Foodie
Since that lovely summer evening, I've been on a mission to recreate the amazing seared swordfish with orzo I had at a seaside tavern.🌊 It's become a favorite in my cooking arsenal, reminding me of that peaceful ocean moment. I can't wait to share my homemade version with you!💫

Seared Swordfish.jpg
Orzo:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil​
  • 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced​
  • 4 scallions, minced; white and green parts kept separate​
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, some halved and some left whole​
  • 2 teaspoons capers, drained​
  • Crushed red pepper to taste​
  • 1 cup dry orzo​
  • 2 cups water or chicken stock, plus more if needed​
  • ¼ cup fresh dill, roughly chopped​
  • ½ lemon, juiced​
  • ½ lemon cut into wedges​
  • Salt and pepper​
Swordfish:
  • 4 4-ounce swordfish filets​
  • Salt and pepper​
Start the orzo:
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet or wide pot over medium heat. Add the onion and scallion whites. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cherry tomatoes, capers, and crushed red pepper. Add a pinch of salt and cook 2–3 minutes.​
Simmer the orzo:
  1. Add the orzo and sauté for 1–2 minutes. Pour in the water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 12–15 minutes or until the orzo is tender and has absorbed the water. Stir occasionally to prevent the orzo from sticking. Add another ¼ cup water if needed. Taste and season.​
Cook the swordfish:
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in another skillet over medium-high until shimmering and very hot. Add the swordfish and cook for 3–4 minutes. Flip and cook for 3 minutes or until the swordfish reaches 130ºF or your desired internal temperature.​
  2. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Rest for 5 minutes.​
Finish the orzo:
  1. Taste the orzo and season. Add the dill, half the scallion greens, and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.​
To serve:
  1. Spoon the orzo onto a serving platter. Arrange the swordfish on top and place a few lemon wedges around. Garnish with more dill and the remaining scallion greens. Enjoy!​

That sounds awesome!🌟 Oh, I like the sea bass with spinach pasta more! It's just like that stupendous feeling of rejuvenation when you are on a beach, correct? I am already eager to know how my version will sound. 🍽️🌊👩‍🍳

Seared Swordfish with Orzo? Yes, please! 🐟🍽️ This recipe looks like a gourmet delight—I'm already imagining the flavors! Can't wait to try it out this weekend. Thanks for sharing such a tantalizing dish!

Since that lovely summer evening, I've been on a mission to recreate the amazing seared swordfish with orzo I had at a seaside tavern.🌊 It's become a favorite in my cooking arsenal, reminding me of that peaceful ocean moment. I can't wait to share my homemade version with you!💫

View attachment 3142Orzo:
  • 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced​
  • 4 scallions, minced; white and green parts kept separate​
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, some halved and some left whole​
  • 2 teaspoons capers, drained​
  • Crushed red pepper to taste​
  • 1 cup dry orzo​
  • 2 cups water or chicken stock, plus more if needed​
  • ¼ cup fresh dill, roughly chopped​
  • ½ lemon, juiced​
  • ½ lemon cut into wedges​
  • Salt and pepper​
Swordfish:
  • 4 4-ounce swordfish filets​
  • Salt and pepper​
Start the orzo:
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet or wide pot over medium heat. Add the onion and scallion whites. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cherry tomatoes, capers, and crushed red pepper. Add a pinch of salt and cook 2–3 minutes.​
Simmer the orzo:
  1. Add the orzo and sauté for 1–2 minutes. Pour in the water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 12–15 minutes or until the orzo is tender and has absorbed the water. Stir occasionally to prevent the orzo from sticking. Add another ¼ cup water if needed. Taste and season.​
Cook the swordfish:
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in another skillet over medium-high until shimmering and very hot. Add the swordfish and cook for 3–4 minutes. Flip and cook for 3 minutes or until the swordfish reaches 130ºF or your desired internal temperature.​
  2. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Rest for 5 minutes.​
Finish the orzo:
  1. Taste the orzo and season. Add the dill, half the scallion greens, and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.​
To serve:
  1. Spoon the orzo onto a serving platter. Arrange the swordfish on top and place a few lemon wedges around. Garnish with more dill and the remaining scallion greens. Enjoy!​
I never thought of pairing swordfish with orzo before, but it sounds amazing! Can't wait to try this out for a special dinner this weekend.

Back