Shokugeki no Sama - Calamari Ripieni 😍

IceTray3

Novice Foodie
Been binge watching Food Wards on Netflix and all I can say is that anime is worth watching! This anime motivated me to try all the dishes presented in the shows and I would be glad to share my recipes in this forum :love: Well, for now, this dish is named Calamari Ripieni! This dish is Italian inspired so it is kind of have charisma ;)

Calamari.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 8 small to medium-sized calamari tubes, cleaned
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 lemon, cut into wedges (for serving)
  • Toothpicks or kitchen string (for securing)
For the Tomato Sauce (optional):
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, beaten egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well to form the stuffing mixture.
  3. Carefully stuff each calamari tube with the breadcrumb mixture, leaving some space at the top to allow for expansion during cooking. Secure the ends of the calamari tubes with toothpicks or tie with kitchen string to prevent the stuffing from escaping.
  4. Heat a bit of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the stuffed calamari tubes and sear them until golden brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  5. Transfer the seared calamari tubes to a baking dish. If you're making tomato sauce, you can pour it over the calamari now.
  6. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the calamari is cooked through and tender.
  7. Once cooked, remove the toothpicks or kitchen string from the calamari tubes.
  8. Serve the Calamari Ripieni hot, garnished with fresh lemon wedges. Optionally, you can serve them with the tomato sauce on the side or spooned over the top.
This dish is made by Aldini agains Kobayashi in the Rebels vs Central Rigement de Cuisine in the anime. It is made through passion and love so you must also too ;)

This sounds fantastic! :love: Love the idea of cooking with passion and love, that's what makes the best food after all!

Thanks for sharing the recipe, it looks delicious and doable at home 👨‍🍳

This sounds fantastic! :love: Love the idea of cooking with passion and love, that's what makes the best food after all!

Thanks for sharing the recipe, it looks delicious and doable at home 👨‍🍳
What's the texture of the calamari like after it's baked? 🤔 Seems like a flavorful dish, can't wait to try it out!

That's fantastic to hear! 🍱🎬 Food Wars is definitely inspiring when it comes to trying out new dishes. Calamari Ripieni sounds like a delightful Italian-inspired creation—thanks for sharing your recipe with us! Can't wait to give it a try and experience its charisma firsthand! 😄

Alright, Shokugeki no Sama - Calamari Ripieni—a delicious dish I've had the pleasure of tasting! 🦑😍 This recipe, which is influenced by Italian cuisine and was featured in the classic anime and manga series Shokugeki no Soma, blends juicy mixture of ingredients inside soft calamari tubes to create a visually spectacular and delectable culinary masterpiece.

Another dish inspired by an anime, and it's truly a good one, but some of the dishes are sometimes way too unrealistic. It's great to have this kind of dish! ദ്ദി ˉ͈̀꒳ˉ͈́ )✧

Back