Shokugeki no Soma: Lemon Curd Italiano Semifreddo

IceTray3

Novice Foodie
Hello! I am back to deliver you the recipes of the foods from my favorite anime :cool: Well, this one is lit 🔥 The dish is named Lemon Curd Italiano Semifreddo. Not only it sounds expensive, but it also filled with savory flavors and charismatic aroma :love:
Semifreddo.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Lemon Curd:
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
  • Zest of 2 lemons
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
For the Semifreddo:
  • 4 large eggs, separated
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:
  1. Start by making the lemon curd. In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
  2. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10-15 minutes.
  3. Once thickened, remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the butter until melted and well combined. Strain the lemon curd through a fine mesh sieve to remove any lumps. Allow it to cool completely.
  4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with 1/4 cup of granulated sugar until thick and pale yellow.
  5. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
  6. In another bowl, whip the heavy cream with vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
  7. Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture until well combined.
  8. Next, fold in the beaten egg whites until no white streaks remain.
  9. Pour half of the semifreddo mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
  10. Spoon dollops of lemon curd on top of the semifreddo mixture in the pan. Use a knife or skewer to swirl the lemon curd into the semifreddo.
  11. Pour the remaining semifreddo mixture over the lemon curd layer and smooth the top with a spatula.
  12. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze the semifreddo for at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
  13. Before serving, let the semifreddo sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly. Slice and serve with extra lemon curd and fresh berries, if desired.
Note: This recipe alone is good for 1-2 person. Perfect for date night!

Shokugeki no Soma's Lemon Curd Italiano Semifreddo - a mouthwatering dessert straight out of an anime. Excited to try this unique and delicious recipe inspired by one of my favorite shows!

Thank you so much for sharing your recipe for Shokugeki no Soma: Lemon Curd Italiano Semifreddo! As a fan of the series and a lover of desserts, I'm excited to try making this unique and delicious treat. The combination of lemon curd and Italiano semifreddo sounds absolutely divine and I can't wait to taste it. I appreciate you taking the time to share this creative recipe with us. I'll be sure to give it a try and let you know how it turns out!

Back