Signature Creme Brulee Recipe

Marysweeet413

Novice Foodie
Today, I want to share with you signature creme brulee recipe, one that I've been following over the years to create a dessert that's not just delicious but also deeply satisfying on a soulful level.

Ingredients:
as.jpg

• 2 cups of heavy cream (because why skimp on the richness?)
  • 1/2 cup of granulated sugar (for that perfect balance of sweetness)
  • 4 large egg yolks (the secret to that silky-smooth texture)
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (for that classic, comforting flavor)
  • A pinch of salt (to enhance all the other flavors)
  • Additional granulated sugar for caramelizing (about 1-2 tablespoons per ramekin)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C), and while it's heating up, gather your ramekins and arrange them in a baking dish.
  2. In a saucepan, gently heat the heavy cream until it starts to simmer. Stir it occasionally, and let the aroma of creaminess fill your kitchen.
  3. While the cream is heating, take a moment to whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract, and that tiny pinch of salt. Let the flavors mingle and get to know each other.
  4. Once the cream is simmering, take it off the heat and pour it slowly into the egg yolk mixture, whisking all the while to create that heavenly custard base.
  5. Now, for that extra touch of perfection, strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve. It's a little step that makes a big difference in the final texture.
  6. Carefully pour the custard into your waiting ramekins, distributing it evenly among them like you're sharing a piece of your heart with each one.
  7. Place the filled ramekins in the baking dish and pour hot water around them, creating a gentle water bath that will cradle your creme brulees as they bake.
  8. Slide the baking dish into the preheated oven and let the magic happen for about 30-35 minutes. You'll know they're ready when the edges are set, but the centers still have a gentle jiggle to them.
  9. Once they've baked to perfection, take them out of the water bath and let them cool to room temperature. Then, into the fridge they go, to chill and set for at least 2 hours or, if you can wait that long, overnight.
  10. When the moment of indulgence arrives (and trust me, it's worth the wait), sprinkle a thin layer of granulated sugar over each creme brulee.
  11. Now, here comes the fun part. Take your kitchen torch and dance the flame over the sugar, watching as it transforms into that luscious caramel crust right before your eyes.
  12. Give the caramelized sugar a minute to cool and harden, and then dive in with your spoon. Each crack of the crust reveals the creamy goodness beneath, a symphony of textures and flavors that's simply divine.

So go ahead, treat yourself and your loved ones to the luxury of homemade creme brulee, and let every bite be a celebration of life's sweetest moments.

omg, thank you so much for posting this! I've been looking for a classic Crème brûlée recipe, and luckily I found this post! Soooo excited to try this one out. :love:

Wow, your Signature Creme Brulee recipe sounds absolutely divine! 🍮🔥 Creme Brulee has always been one of my favorite indulgent desserts, and your recipe seems like the perfect balance of creamy custard and crunchy caramelized sugar on top. I can't wait to give it a try and impress my friends and family with this decadent treat. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Back