Simple Goulash Recipe

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I'm thrilled to share with you a delightful recipe that I recently discovered thanks to my sister. You know, sometimes the best recipes come from the people closest to us, and this goulash is no exception. It's a dish that's both hearty and comforting, perfect for those cozy evenings when you're craving something warm and satisfying. With simple ingredients and easy steps, it's become a favorite in my household, and I can't wait for you to give it a try too. So, grab your pots and pans, because we're about to dive into a culinary adventure that's both mouthwatering and easy to master!

Simple Goulash Recipe.jpeg

Simple Goulash Recipe

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef (I prefer 80/20 ground chuck)
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
2 cups beef broth
14.5 ounces diced tomatoes (with juices)
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (about half of a 24-ounce jar)
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional, also try Colby, Colby-jack, or mozzarella)
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)

Instructions:

1. Brown the beef: In a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pan, cook the ground beef and diced onion over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, until the beef is browned and the onion is soft.

2. Add ingredients and seasonings: Pour in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, tomato paste, bay leaf, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.

3. Add macaroni: Stir in the uncooked elbow macaroni. Cover and continue to simmer for about 12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked to your liking.

4. Melt cheese: Remove the bay leaf and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese if using. Cover the pot again and allow the cheese to melt before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.

Enjoy this hearty goulash on its own, or pair it with some delicious sides like creamed corn cornbread or crusty garlic bread. Either way, it's sure to warm your soul with its rich flavors and comforting goodness!

This goulash recipe is fantastic! I will surely give it a try. It's looks easy to make and incredibly flavorful, perfect for a cozy dinner. Yum! 😋

Back