Sinigang na Baboy (Pork Sinigang)

wolfgang

Culinary Explorer
I recently cooked up a batch of Sinigang na Baboy (Pork Sinigang), a beloved Filipino sour soup, and it turned out amazing!

Here's the recipe ;)

Ingredients:
Sinigang.jpg

• 500g pork belly or pork ribs, cut into serving pieces
  • 1 large tomato, quartered
  • 1 large onion, quartered
  • 2-3 pieces taro root (gabi), peeled and halved
  • 1 bunch kangkong (water spinach), ends trimmed
  • 2-3 pieces green chili peppers (siling pansigang)
  • 1 radish, sliced
  • 1 eggplant, sliced
  • 1 packet sinigang mix (tamarind soup base)
  • Fish sauce (patis), to taste
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Water
  • Optional: calamansi or lemon wedges for serving
Instructions:

1. In a large pot, add water (enough to cover the pork) and bring it to a boil.
  2. Once boiling, add the pork pieces and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the pork is tender. Skim off any scum that rises to the surface.
  3. Add the tomatoes and onions to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes.
  4. Stir in the taro root and simmer until slightly tender, about 8-10 minutes.
  5. Add the radish and eggplant to the pot and cook until almost tender, about 3-5 minutes.
  6. Stir in the sinigang mix until dissolved, then season with fish sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
  7. Add the kangkong and green chili peppers to the pot and simmer for another 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked but still crisp.
  8. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
  9. Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy the comforting flavors of Sinigang na Baboy! Don't forget to squeeze some calamansi or lemon juice over the soup before digging in for an extra zing!
Sinigang na Baboy is perfect for rainy days or whenever you're craving something hearty and sour. Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes! 😋🍲

Your Sinigang na Baboy recipe sounds amazing! I love how comforting and flavorful it is, especially on rainy days. 🌧️💕

Ah, Sinigang na Baboy with pork belly? Now we're talking serious comfort food! Who needs abs when you can have pork belly? 😄 But seriously, that succulent pork belly in a tangy Sinigang broth sounds like a match made in foodie heaven

Back