Slow-Cooker Barbacoa

Horton

Culinary Explorer
Hello friends, I wanna let you try this Slow-Cooker Barbacoa. It is a flavorful and tender Mexican-style beef dish that's perfect for tacos, burritos, salads, or rice bowls. This recipe features beef chuck roast slow-cooked with aromatic spices, chipotle peppers, and lime juice until it's fork-tender and packed with mouthwatering flavor. Set it and forget it in the slow cooker for an easy and delicious meal that's sure to impress!
535×483
75.9 kB

slowcookerbarbacoa.jpg

Ingredients:

• 3-4 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat and cut into large chunks
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from the chipotle pepper can)
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup beef broth or water
  • Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
  • Lime wedges (for serving)
  • Tortillas, rice, beans, or your favorite sides (for serving)
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine the chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, fresh lime juice, apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, ground cumin, dried oregano, smoked paprika, ground coriander, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
  2. Add the beef chuck roast chunks to the marinade, making sure they are well coated. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight, to allow the flavors to meld.
  3. Once the beef has marinated, transfer it along with the marinade to the slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth or water and stir to combine.
  4. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or until the beef is fork-tender and easily shreds apart.
  5. Once the beef is cooked, use two forks to shred it into bite-sized pieces directly in the slow cooker. Mix the shredded beef with the cooking liquid to ensure it's well coated with flavor.
  6. Taste and adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper if needed.
  7. Serve the Slow-Cooker Barbacoa hot, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges for squeezing.
  8. Enjoy the deliciously tender and flavorful Barbacoa in tacos, burritos, salads, rice bowls, or any way you like!
Note: Leftover Barbacoa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or frozen for longer storage.

This Slow-Cooker Barbacoa recipe is a game-changer! I love how easy it is to prepare - just throw everything in the slow cooker and let it work its magic. Can't wait to give this recipe a try for my next taco night!

This Slow-Cooker Barbacoa recipe is a game-changer! I love how easy it is to prepare - just throw everything in the slow cooker and let it work its magic. Can't wait to give this recipe a try for my next taco night!
Right?! This recipe is so good and you must try this dish because it's so flavorful and delicious. 😉👌👍

This Slow-Cooker Barbacoa recipe looks absolutely mouthwatering! 🤤🥩 Perfect for a hassle-free dinner option. Can't wait to try making it and enjoy the tender, flavorful meat! Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe! 🍽️

I'm glad that you like the recipe, you won't regret it for sure😊

Back