Smoked Mac and Cheese Recipe 🧀

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Here's a simple and delicious smoked mac and cheese recipe. Perfect for adding a smoky twist to a classic comfort food! This is my ultimate comfort food and is perfect for any occasion. You should give it a try, guys. ;)

smoked mac and cheese recipe.jpg
Ingredients:

• 1 lb elbow macaroni
  • 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups shredded gouda cheese
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (optional)
Equipment:
  • Large pot
  • Medium saucepan
  • Whisk
  • Baking dish
  • Smoker or grill with a smoker box
Instructions:
  1. Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until smooth and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
  3. Gradually add the milk and heavy cream, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
  4. Stir in the shredded cheddar and gouda cheeses until melted and smooth. Add the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
  5. Combine the cooked macaroni with the cheese sauce, stirring until well-coated.
  6. Transfer the mac and cheese to a baking dish. If using, sprinkle panko breadcrumbs on top for extra crunch.
  7. Preheat your smoker or grill to 225°F (107°C) and add your preferred wood chips for smoking.
  8. Place the baking dish in the smoker or grill and smoke for 1 hour, or until the top is golden and bubbly.
Enjoy your delicious smoked mac and cheese! 🧀

Hey everyone! Here's a simple and delicious smoked mac and cheese recipe. Perfect for adding a smoky twist to a classic comfort food! This is my ultimate comfort food and is perfect for any occasion. You should give it a try, guys. ;)

View attachment 5033Ingredients:

• 1 lb elbow macaroni
  • 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups shredded gouda cheese
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (optional)
Equipment:
  • Large pot
  • Medium saucepan
  • Whisk
  • Baking dish
  • Smoker or grill with a smoker box
Instructions:
  1. Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until smooth and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
  3. Gradually add the milk and heavy cream, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
  4. Stir in the shredded cheddar and gouda cheeses until melted and smooth. Add the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
  5. Combine the cooked macaroni with the cheese sauce, stirring until well-coated.
  6. Transfer the mac and cheese to a baking dish. If using, sprinkle panko breadcrumbs on top for extra crunch.
  7. Preheat your smoker or grill to 225°F (107°C) and add your preferred wood chips for smoking.
  8. Place the baking dish in the smoker or grill and smoke for 1 hour, or until the top is golden and bubbly.
Enjoy your delicious smoked mac and cheese! 🧀
Yum! I’ve always wanted to try smoked mac and cheese. Do you use a particular type of cheese blend? 🧀

Yo, that smoked mac and cheese sounds fire! 🧀🔥 Definitely trying it out at my next BBQ. Thanks for sharing, this is gonna be a game-changer for sure! 😋🍽️

Yum! I’ve always wanted to try smoked mac and cheese. Do you use a particular type of cheese blend? 🧀
Oh, for smoked mac and cheese, I go wild with a mix of sharp cheddar, Gouda for creaminess, and a touch of smoked Gouda for that extra flavor punch! 🧀🔥 Thanks for asking, it's gonna be epic!

Yo, that smoked mac and cheese sounds fire! 🧀🔥 Definitely trying it out at my next BBQ. Thanks for sharing, this is gonna be a game-changer for sure! 😋🍽️
Hey, glad you're excited to try it! 😄🧀🔥 Let me know how it turns out at your BBQ—hope it's a hit! Thanks for giving it a shot!

Smoked mac and cheese sounds like the ultimate comfort food with a twist! Can't wait to try that smoky flavor with all the creamy goodness. 😋🔥

Smoked mac and cheese sounds like the ultimate comfort food with a twist! Can't wait to try that smoky flavor with all the creamy goodness. 😋🔥

Oh, totally agree! That smoky kick with creamy cheese is next-level comfort food. Thanks for suggesting it—hope you love it as much as I do! 😋🔥

Back