Sour Tomato Soup! What Am I Doing Wrong? (๑•́ -•̀)

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
Help me salvage my soup! 🍅😕 My tomato soup keeps turning out sour, and I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. 🤔 Could it be the tomatoes, spices, or something else? 🍅🤷‍♂️ Share your tips and tricks for achieving that perfect balance of savory sweetness! Thanks all!

There could be a couple culprits! ☝️ Sometimes tomatoes themselves can be a bit acidic 🍅 Try a pinch of sugar or a splash of cream to balance it out ..Also, make sure you're not overdoing the vinegar or other acidic ingredients ..Hope this helps! 🫶

There could be a couple culprits! ☝️ Sometimes tomatoes themselves can be a bit acidic 🍅 Try a pinch of sugar or a splash of cream to balance it out ..Also, make sure you're not overdoing the vinegar or other acidic ingredients ..Hope this helps! 🫶
Though it's frustrating when a recipe doesn't turn out as expected, I think sour tomato soup can still be salvaged! 🍅🥣 Have you tried tasting and adjusting the seasoning? Adding a pinch of sugar or a splash of cream can often help balance out the acidity. Don't give up just yet!

Your answer provides smart ways to troubleshoot sour tomato soup. Take tomato acidity into account and use vinegar sparingly. Flavor balance can be achieved by adding cream or sugar.🍅🥣 Thanks!

Though it's frustrating when a recipe doesn't turn out as expected, I think sour tomato soup can still be salvaged! 🍅🥣 Have you tried tasting and adjusting the seasoning? Adding a pinch of sugar or a splash of cream can often help balance out the acidity. Don't give up just yet!
Your response offers reassurance and practical advice for salvaging sour tomato soup, including tasting, adjusting seasoning, and simple fixes. Totally don't give up! 🍅🥣 Thanks

Hey there! Totally agree with you. It's all about that flavor balance, right? Adjusting the seasoning can work wonders. A hint of sugar or a dash of cream might just be the secret sauce you need to turn that sour into savory. 😄

Back