Sourdough Pancakes

KainGo127

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! :love::love: Today, I'm thrilled to share one of my mom's cherished recipes: Sourdough Pancakes! 🥞✨ These fluffy delights are a perfect blend of comfort and flavor, bringing warmth to every bite. Made with love and a touch of sourdough magic, they're guaranteed to brighten up your mornings. So, let's dive into this delightful breakfast treat and create some wonderful memories together! 🍴🥞💕

Sourdough Pancakes

Sourdough Pancakes (1).jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour (260 grams)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder (10 grams)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda (6 grams)
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (30 grams)
  • 1 teaspoon salt (6 grams)
  • 1 cup sourdough discard, at room temperature (250 grams)
  • 1 1/2 cups 2% milk, at room temperature (12 ounces)
  • 1 large egg, beaten, at room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (24 grams)
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
  2. Add the sourdough starter, milk, egg, and oil to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. It's okay if there are a few lumps.
  3. Grease a pancake griddle or cast iron skillet with melted butter or oil. Heat over medium-low heat.
  4. Ladle 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top, then gently flip the pancake.
  5. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the second side until golden brown and cooked through.
  6. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!

Hey! 🌟Thank you so much for sharing your mom's cherished recipe for Sourdough Pancakes! 😍🥞 They absolutely delightful, like a warm hug on a plate! 💖 I can't wait to try them out and savor every fluffy, sourdough infuse bite. Here's to creating wonderful breakfast memories together! 🎉🍴✨

OMGG!! Your mom's sourdough pancake recipe sounds like a true treasure! I can almost taste the fluffy goodness already. I'm curious, does using sourdough discard give the pancakes a unique flavor? 🥞✨

OMGG!! Your mom's sourdough pancake recipe sounds like a true treasure! I can almost taste the fluffy goodness already. I'm curious, does using sourdough discard give the pancakes a unique flavor? 🥞✨
Thank you so much! Using sourdough discard definitely adds a unique tanginess to the pancakes that elevates the flavor profile. 🌾👌 It's a delicious twist that adds depth to the fluffy goodness! Give it a try and let me know what you think! 🍽️😋"

Back