Southern Fried Apples

AL_

Tasty Apprentice
With just a handful of ingredients and a skillet, you'll transform ordinary apples into a sweet and spiced delight that's perfect for any occasion.

Ingredients:
- 4 medium-sized apples (such as Granny Smith or Gala)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt

Southern Fried Apples.jpg

Instructions:
1. Peel, core, and slice the apples into thin wedges or slices.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Add the sliced apples to the skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt over the apples, and stir to combine.
5. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook the apples, stirring occasionally, until they are tender and caramelized, about 8-10 minutes.
6. Remove the skillet from the heat and let the apples cool slightly before serving.
7. Enjoy your Southern Fried Apples as a side dish, topping for pancakes or waffles, or even as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar and spices according to your taste preferences. Enjoy!

Wow, I just had to pause and say a huge THANK YOU for sharing this Southern Fried Apples recipe! 🍏✨ I tried it out last night, and oh my, was it a hit with my family. The perfect balance of sweetness and that hint of cinnamon really transported us straight to the heart of the South in every bite.

Oh, yum! 🍎 Can't wait to whip up a batch of these Southern Fried Apples! 🍏 Thanks a bunch for sharing the recipe—time to bring a taste of the South right into my kitchen! 🤩👩‍🍳

Oh, that's intriguing! I have heard about it but haven't given it a try yet. The concept of caramelized apple slices sautéed in butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar sounds truly heavenly. It resembles a cozy dessert or a delightful side dish that I'm eagerly looking forward to trying out for the first time. ;)

Back