Southwest Quinoa Salad

Tim_05

Culinary Explorer
Hey friend, so yesterday I was searching for something healthy just to add to my diet, and I stumbled upon this amazing recipe, Southwest Quinoa Salad. I want to share it with y'all because it's really yummy and I think it is a game changer for any mealtime!

Southwest Quinoa Salad (1).jpg

This dish serves up to 5 people!

INGREDIENTS

FOR THE SALAD:​

• 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed and drained
  • 1 3/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth, or water
  • 1 cup canned corn, drained
  • 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 4 green onions, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro

FOR THE LIME VINAIGRETTE:​

• 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • salt and pepper, to taste

FOR SERVING:​

• guacamole or avocado, if desired

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Heat the 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, stirring, about 1 minute. Add the quinoa and vegetable broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, about 12-16 minutes. Remove from the heat.
  • While the quinoa cooks, prepare the lime vinaigrette. In a small bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients. Whisk (or shake in a jar with a lid) until well combined.
  • Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large bowl and stir in the corn, black beans, bell pepper, green onions and cilantro. Add the dressing and stir gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
  • Serve salad warm or cold, with guacamole or sliced avocado if desired.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Absolutely loved this salad! The mix of flavors and textures is spot on - crunchy bell peppers, sweet corn, creamy avocado, and tangy lime dressing. Plus, the quinoa adds a hearty and nutritious touch. It's so versatile too - perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as a side at a BBQ. This recipe is definitely a keeper!🌶️🥑🌽

Awesome! Sounds like a delicious and nutritious addition to any meal. Thanks for sharing! I'm sure it'll be a game changer to many meal times to come!🍲😋

Wow, your Southwest Quinoa Salad looks delicious and packed with flavor! I love how it adds so many ingredients, like quinoa, black beans, and vegetables. Also, that lime vinaigrette is perfect for the finishing touch. I can't wait to try making this for my next healthy meal! 🥗

Back