Spaghetti alla Puttanesca šŸ

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I made Spaghetti alla Puttanesca, and it turned out fantastic! I was craving something with bold flavors, and this dish totally hit the spot. Itā€™s got a zesty tomato base with a hint of heat, briny olives, and anchovies for that umami kick. Trust me, itā€™s a game-changer!

Spaghetti alla Puttanesca.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 200g (7oz) spaghetti or any long pasta
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
  • 3 anchovy fillets, finely minced
  • 1/4 cup pitted black olives, quartered (preferably in oil)
  • 1 tablespoon capers, drained
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (red pepper flakes)
  • 400g (14oz) can crushed tomatoes (or crush whole canned tomatoes)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, roughly chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
  • 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (or 2 pinches table salt)
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar, if needed (depends on tomato quality)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
Directions:
  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Warm up your serving bowls (I like to microwave them for about a minute).
  2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 15 seconds until it starts turning golden.
  3. Add the anchovies, capers, olives, and chili flakes. Cook for another minute.
  4. Stir in the crushed tomatoes. Rinse out the can with the 1/2 cup of water and pour that into the skillet too.
  5. Add the oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together, bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat and let it cook for about 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. If youā€™re not ready with the pasta yet, turn off the heat.
  6. Meanwhile, add 2 teaspoons of salt to the boiling water and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
  7. Before draining, scoop out a mugful of pasta cooking water and set it aside. Then drain the pasta.
  8. Add the drained pasta straight into the sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss everything together with two wooden spoons over low heat for about a minute until the sauce clings to the pasta. If it gets too dry, add more of the reserved pasta water and toss.
  9. Serve immediately in your warmed bowls. Drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with fresh basil. Enjoy!

This was a hit at my dinner table, and I hope youā€™ll love it too! šŸ˜‹

That sounds amazing! šŸ˜ Spaghetti alla Puttanesca is such a flavor-packed dish. I love the combination of olives and anchoviesā€”it really makes a difference! šŸšŸ‘Œ

Back