Spice-Roasted Halibut with Herbs and Tahini Salad

KainGo127

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Spice up your dinner routine with this delish Spice-Roasted Halibut and Tahini Salad! 🐟✨ Perfectly roasted halibut fillets infused with aromatic spices, paired with a refreshing tahini salad bursting with fresh veggies – it's a flavor explosion in every bite! 😋 Whip it up for a fancy dinner or impress your fam on a weeknight. Trust me, it's a winner! #FoodieFaves #TrendyEats

Spice-Roasted Halibut with Herbs.jpg

Ingredients:

• ¼ cup olive oil, divided
  • 2 tablespoons khalta hara (chile spice blend) (such as Burlap & Barrel)
  • 2 teaspoons ground coriander
  • 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus 4 lemon slices, divided
  • 4 fresh flat-leaf parsley stems plus ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
  • 4 cilantro stems plus ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • 2 tablespoons thinly sliced serrano chile
  • 1 large garlic clove, grated
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Tahini Salad (recipe follows) and flatbread, for serving
Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400°F with oven racks in the middle and top positions.
  2. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, khalta hara, coriander, and ginger to form a paste. Rub this spice mixture evenly over the halibut fillets (about 2 teaspoons per fillet).
  3. On a baking sheet, place lemon slices 4 inches apart. Top each lemon slice with 1 parsley stem and 1 cilantro stem. Then, place the fish fillets on top of the herbs. Let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
  4. In another small bowl, mix together serrano chile, parsley leaves, cilantro leaves, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
  5. Roast the fish on the middle rack of the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 140°F, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
  6. Toss the lemon juice mixture with the serrano mixture until evenly coated.
  7. Serve each fillet with ¼ cup of the herb mixture, tahini salad, and flatbread.
Tahini Salad:

Ingredients:

• 2 cups chopped tomatoes
  • 1 ½ cups chopped Persian cucumbers
  • 1 cup finely chopped onion
  • ½ cup chopped parsley
  • ½ cup chopped mint
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons tahini
  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 2 ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
Directions:

1. Gently stir together tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, parsley, and mint in a medium bowl.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic cloves, and kosher salt until combined.
  3. Pour the dressing over the tomato mixture and toss until well coated.
  4. Serve immediately.

Excited for you to try out this recipe! Feel free to get creative and make it your own - cooking's all about having fun! 🍽️ Share your thoughts with me; I love swapping stories and ideas! 😊 Enjoy your Spice-Roasted Halibut with Herbs and Tahini Salad!

Hey everyone! Spice up your dinner routine with this delish Spice-Roasted Halibut and Tahini Salad! 🐟✨ Perfectly roasted halibut fillets infused with aromatic spices, paired with a refreshing tahini salad bursting with fresh veggies – it's a flavor explosion in every bite! 😋 Whip it up for a fancy dinner or impress your fam on a weeknight. Trust me, it's a winner! #FoodieFaves #TrendyEats

View attachment 2906

Ingredients:

• ¼ cup olive oil, divided
  • 2 tablespoons khalta hara (chile spice blend) (such as Burlap & Barrel)
  • 2 teaspoons ground coriander
  • 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus 4 lemon slices, divided
  • 4 fresh flat-leaf parsley stems plus ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
  • 4 cilantro stems plus ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • 2 tablespoons thinly sliced serrano chile
  • 1 large garlic clove, grated
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Tahini Salad (recipe follows) and flatbread, for serving
Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400°F with oven racks in the middle and top positions.
  2. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, khalta hara, coriander, and ginger to form a paste. Rub this spice mixture evenly over the halibut fillets (about 2 teaspoons per fillet).
  3. On a baking sheet, place lemon slices 4 inches apart. Top each lemon slice with 1 parsley stem and 1 cilantro stem. Then, place the fish fillets on top of the herbs. Let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
  4. In another small bowl, mix together serrano chile, parsley leaves, cilantro leaves, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
  5. Roast the fish on the middle rack of the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 140°F, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
  6. Toss the lemon juice mixture with the serrano mixture until evenly coated.
  7. Serve each fillet with ¼ cup of the herb mixture, tahini salad, and flatbread.
Tahini Salad:

Ingredients:

• 2 cups chopped tomatoes
  • 1 ½ cups chopped Persian cucumbers
  • 1 cup finely chopped onion
  • ½ cup chopped parsley
  • ½ cup chopped mint
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons tahini
  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 2 ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
Directions:

1. Gently stir together tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, parsley, and mint in a medium bowl.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic cloves, and kosher salt until combined.
  3. Pour the dressing over the tomato mixture and toss until well coated.
  4. Serve immediately.

Excited for you to try out this recipe! Feel free to get creative and make it your own - cooking's all about having fun! 🍽️ Share your thoughts with me; I love swapping stories and ideas! 😊 Enjoy your Spice-Roasted Halibut with Herbs and Tahini Salad!
This recipe is giving me major Mediterranean vibes, and I'm loving it! 🌊✨

The combo of the perfectly roasted, flavorful fish with that refreshing tahini salad sounds like a flavor party in my mouth ..Love that it can be a fancy dinner or a quick weeknight meal 😋 Definitely gotta try this one! 🤗

I'm excited to try it out, especially with that tantalizing khalta hara spice blend. Have you experimented with any other unique spice blends in your cooking lately? :love:

This recipe looks absolutely delicious! 😋 I love the idea of spicing up the halibut and pairing it with a fresh tahini salad. The combination of herbs and spices with the creamy tahini dressing sounds like it would create a perfect balance of flavors. I can't wait to try this out for dinner soon! 😉👍👌✨

Back