Spicy Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share one of my all-time favorite recipes featuring kimchi - spicy kimchi fried rice. Whether you're craving a hearty breakfast, a quick lunch, or a satisfying dinner, this dish never disappoints. Plus, it's a fantastic way to use up any leftover rice and kimchi you might have in the fridge. Here's how to make it:
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked rice (preferably day-old)
  • 1 cup kimchi, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons kimchi juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean chili paste)
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 2 eggs
  • Sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish
  • Optional: cooked protein of your choice (e.g., diced tofu, shrimp, or chicken)
    1713397697127.jpeg
Instructions:
  1. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat and add a drizzle of oil.
  2. Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
  3. Stir in the chopped kimchi and cook for another 2-3 minutes until it starts to soften.
  4. If using, add your choice of cooked protein to the skillet and cook until heated through.
  5. Push the kimchi and protein mixture to one side of the skillet and crack the eggs into the empty side.
  6. Scramble the eggs until they're cooked through, then mix them into the kimchi mixture.
  7. Add the cooked rice to the skillet, breaking up any clumps with a spatula.
  8. Pour the kimchi juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and gochujang over the rice, and stir everything together until well combined.
  9. Cook the fried rice for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's heated through and slightly crispy on the edges.
  10. Once done, remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle sesame seeds and sliced green onions over the top for garnish.
  11. Serve your spicy kimchi fried rice hot, straight from the skillet, and enjoy the explosion of flavors with every bite!
I hope you give this recipe a try and love it as much as I do! Feel free to customize it with your favorite veggies or protein, and let me know how it turns out. Happy cooking, everyone! 🍚🔥🥢

Spicy kimchi fried rice recipe? Get ready to fire up your taste buds with a dish that's hotter than a summer day in the tropics! 🌶️🍚 Whip up this sizzling blend of tangy kimchi, savory rice, and a kick of spice that'll leave you reaching for the nearest glass of water - and loving every mouthful!

Hey there, @hoyeon , that sounds awesome! Kimchi fried rice is a great way to use up leftovers and get that spicy kick at once. I'm so excited to give it a go! 🤗

Back