Spicy Korean Fried Chicken with Gochujang Sauce Recipe

So today I have for you Spicy Korean Fried Chicken with Gochujang Sauce. This particular style of Korean fried chicken only managed to arrive in the American food market roughly a generation later. To give the outside a very crunchy texture and to retain the moisture the chicken is double fried. The gochujang sauce is a red hot spicy honey mix sauce. .. Well, it is just fabulous I must say. They will have the entire family craving. πŸ—πŸ—
🀀
Spicy Korean Fried Chicken with .jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup potato starch
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • Vegetable oil for frying
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions:
  1. Marinate Chicken: Whisk milk and egg together in a large bowl. Add chicken tenders and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
  2. Coat Chicken: Mix flour, potato starch, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Drain chicken and coat in the flour mixture.
  3. Fry Chicken: Heat oil in a deep fryer or large pan to 325Β°F (165Β°C). Fry chicken in batches for 2 minutes, then drain on paper towels.
  4. Double Fry: Increase oil temperature to 350Β°F (175Β°C). Fry chicken again until crispy, about 2 more minutes. Drain on paper towels.
  5. Make Sauce: In a saucepan, heat honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, gochujang, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and ginger over medium-low heat until smooth, about 5 minutes.
  6. Combine and Serve: Drizzle sauce over the twice-fried chicken tenders and serve.

It looks absolutely delicious and packed with flavor. The combination of crispy fried chicken with spicy gochujang sauce sounds irresistible! I can't wait to give it a try. Do you have any tips for achieving that perfect crispiness on the chicken or any creative variations to adjust the level of spiciness in the sauce? Excited to add this recipe to my repertoire of Korean-inspired dishes! πŸŒŸπŸ—πŸŒΆοΈ

Spicy Korean fried chicken with gochujang sauce recipe? πŸ—πŸŒΆοΈ Crisp up tender chicken in a spicy batter, then coat with a sticky and flavorful gochujang sauce for a mouthwatering dish with a perfect balance of heat and sweetness - a must-try recipe for fans of Korean cuisine!

Oh, heck yes! That crispy, spicy Korean fried chicken with gochujang sauce is the bomb! Love how you balance the heat and sweetness! Thanks for sharing the recipe hype, totally made my day! πŸ—πŸ”₯πŸ™Œ

So today I have for you Spicy Korean Fried Chicken with Gochujang Sauce. This particular style of Korean fried chicken only managed to arrive in the American food market roughly a generation later. To give the outside a very crunchy texture and to retain the moisture the chicken is double fried. The gochujang sauce is a red hot spicy honey mix sauce. .. Well, it is just fabulous I must say. They will have the entire family craving. πŸ—πŸ—
🀀
View attachment 3569
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup potato starch
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • Vegetable oil for frying
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions:
  1. Marinate Chicken: Whisk milk and egg together in a large bowl. Add chicken tenders and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
  2. Coat Chicken: Mix flour, potato starch, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Drain chicken and coat in the flour mixture.
  3. Fry Chicken: Heat oil in a deep fryer or large pan to 325Β°F (165Β°C). Fry chicken in batches for 2 minutes, then drain on paper towels.
  4. Double Fry: Increase oil temperature to 350Β°F (175Β°C). Fry chicken again until crispy, about 2 more minutes. Drain on paper towels.
  5. Make Sauce: In a saucepan, heat honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, gochujang, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and ginger over medium-low heat until smooth, about 5 minutes.
  6. Combine and Serve: Drizzle sauce over the twice-fried chicken tenders and serve.
Made this last night, and it was a hit! The Gochujang sauce adds the perfect kick! πŸ”₯πŸ—πŸ€€

Back