Spicy shrimp ramen with soft boiled egg 🍜

beni

Tasty Apprentice
I've been obsessed with ramen lately. Creating the sauce and making the broth is way more satisfying than adding a sodium packet to hot water. I bought a pound of shrimp so I'll be making this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next few days.

Ingredients:
ramen.jpg

• Thick-cut bacon – halved
  • Sweet onion – cut into wedges
  • Ginger – sliced
  • Garlic cloves – crushed
  • Vegetable broth – or a combination of half vegetable broth and seafood stock
  • Dried shiitake mushrooms
  • Miso paste – white or yellow
  • Raw shrimp – cleaned
  • Ramen noodles
  • Soft-boiled eggs – optional
  • Red chili flakes- optional (added as garnishing for a kick of heat)

Preparation:
  1. First set a large 6-8 quart saucepot over medium heat on the stove. Add the bacon and fry for a few minutes to release the pork fat. Then add in the onion, ginger, and garlic. Sauté, stirring regularly, for 5-6 minutes.
  2. Pour in the vegetable broth. (Or vegetable and seafood stock.) Stir in the dried mushrooms and miso paste.
  3. Cover and simmer the soup for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low if needed.
  4. Use a skimmer to scoop out all of the vegetables. Separate out the mushrooms and bacon to place back in the soup pot, but discard the onions, ginger, and garlic cloves.
  5. Add the mushrooms and bacon back to the pot.
  6. Then stir in the raw shrimp and dry ramen noodles. Gently simmer for 3-5 minutes to soften the noodles and cook the shrimp.
  7. When ready to serve, scoop the ramen into bowls and add your favorite ramen toppings.

Personally, no ramen is complete without a perfectly soft boiled egg nestled into the soup 🍜.

Your spicy shrimp ramen recipe sounds absolutely divine! I totally agree, there's something so satisfying about crafting your own broth and sauce instead of relying on a packet. And with thick-cut bacon, sweet onion, and garlic in the mix, I can only imagine how flavorful it must be. Plus, the soft-boiled egg on top adds such a nice touch. I'm definitely bookmarking this to try soon! Thanks for sharing your ramen obsession with us🫶

I can't wait to give this Spicy Shrimp Ramen with Soft Boiled Egg recipe a try! 🍜🌶️🍳 It looks incredibly delicious and comforting. The thought of slurping those noodles in a spicy broth with tender shrimp and a gooey egg sounds like the perfect meal for a cozy night in. Let's get cooking! 😋👩‍🍳

Back