Spinach and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms

corbin

Culinary Explorer
Hi guys, I wanna share this healthy appetizer Spinach and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms. My family already loves it😍
547×531
423.7 kB

fetastuffedmushrooms.jpg

Ingredients:

• 16 large button mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Clean the mushroom caps with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt. Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and set them aside. Arrange the mushroom caps on the prepared baking sheet, cavity side up.
  3. Finely chop the reserved mushroom stems.
  4. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and chopped onion, and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
  5. Add the chopped mushroom stems to the skillet and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until they release their moisture and begin to brown.
  6. Stir in the chopped spinach leaves and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
  7. Transfer the spinach mixture to a mixing bowl and let it cool slightly.
  8. Once cooled, stir in the crumbled feta cheese until well combined. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
  9. Spoon the spinach and feta mixture into the cavity of each mushroom cap, pressing down gently to pack the filling.
  10. Bake the stuffed mushrooms in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through.
  11. Remove the stuffed mushrooms from the oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
  12. Serve the Spinach and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms warm as a delightful appetizer for your next gathering or party.
Feel free to customize your Spinach and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms by adding extra ingredients like chopped sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, or grated Parmesan cheese for added flavor and texture. Enjoy!

I'm always looking for healthy and tasty appetizer ideas, and these Spinach and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms hit the spot! The filling is packed with flavor, and the mushrooms are perfectly tender. I love that they're vegetarian-friendly too – perfect for serving to guests with different dietary preferences.

Spinach and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms?! 🤩🍄 Count me in! Can't wait to give this recipe a whirl. Thanks for sharing, it sounds like the perfect blend of flavors! 🌿🧀

Back