Squash Soup

Kenz

Culinary Explorer
Try my home-cooked Squash Soup, so tasty and healthy!
Aquash Soup.jpeg
Ingredients:

• 2 pounds of squash (such as butternut squash or acorn squash), peeled, seeded, and diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 4 cups of vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil for sautéing
  • Optional: heavy cream or coconut milk for creaminess
Instructions:

1. Heat a large pot over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
  2. Sauté the diced onion until it becomes translucent, then add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
  3. Add the diced squash to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. Pour in the vegetable broth and add the dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
  5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
  6. Remove the pot from the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly.
  7. Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree the soup until smooth. Be careful when blending hot liquids.
  8. If desired, stir in a splash of heavy cream or coconut milk to add creaminess to the soup.
  9. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed.
  10. Serve the squash soup hot, garnished with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or a sprinkle of fresh herbs if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and comforting squash soup!

This is incredibly cozy and nourishing, and the flavors are just delightful. I love how versatile it is too – sometimes I add a pinch of curry powder for a little extra warmth, or a dollop of coconut cream for a luxurious finish. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe! 🌟

Thank you for sharing this recipe! Squash soup always reminds me of home and cozy family dinners 🥹. Can't wait to recreate those comforting memories with this delightful recipe

Try my home-cooked Squash Soup, so tasty and healthy!
View attachment 741
Ingredients:

• 2 pounds of squash (such as butternut squash or acorn squash), peeled, seeded, and diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 4 cups of vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil for sautéing
  • Optional: heavy cream or coconut milk for creaminess
Instructions:

1. Heat a large pot over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
  2. Sauté the diced onion until it becomes translucent, then add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
  3. Add the diced squash to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. Pour in the vegetable broth and add the dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
  5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
  6. Remove the pot from the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly.
  7. Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree the soup until smooth. Be careful when blending hot liquids.
  8. If desired, stir in a splash of heavy cream or coconut milk to add creaminess to the soup.
  9. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed.
  10. Serve the squash soup hot, garnished with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or a sprinkle of fresh herbs if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and comforting squash soup!
Perfect for rainy season! Cannot wait to make this while the sound of rain is surrounding my ears. Thanks for the share! :)

Back