STEAK FRIES RECIPE πŸŸπŸ˜‹

palateprince

Culinary Explorer
Sharing this recipe for anyone who needs a tasty snack! πŸŸπŸ‘Œ Had some leftover steak, so I whipped up these fries. Figured I'd spread the love.
k
steak fries recipe.jpg

Ingredients​

• 8 tbsp.
    extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    large russet potatoes, cleaned and cut into ⅔”-thick wedges
  • 3 tsp.
    kosher salt, divided
  • 2 tsp.
    white vinegar
  • 3 tbsp.
    cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp.
    baking powder
  • 2 tsp.
    spices of your choice

Directions​

Step 1: Position an oven rack in the center and lower levels, then preheat the oven to 425Β°F. Apply 2 tablespoons of oil onto each of 2 large baking sheets.
Step 2: Place potatoes, along with 2 teaspoons of salt and vinegar, into a large pot. Cover them with cold water. Place the pot over medium heat and bring it to a boil. Cook until the potatoes become semi-translucent and are easily pierced with a knife, approximately 8 minutes. Drain the potatoes and gently pat them dry with paper towels.
Step 3: In a large bowl, combine the potatoes with the remaining oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, cornstarch, baking powder, and spices. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated. Spread the potatoes evenly between the prepared baking sheets, arranging them in a single layer.
Step 4: Bake until the potatoes turn deeply golden, flipping both the fries and the positions of the baking sheets halfway through the cooking time, which should take 30 to 35 minutes.

Now go ahead, gather your loved ones, and indulge in the crispy, savory delight of these steak fries. Enjoy!

Sharing this recipe for anyone who needs a tasty snack! πŸŸπŸ‘Œ Had some leftover steak, so I whipped up these fries. Figured I'd spread the love.
k

Ingredients​

• 8 tbsp.
    extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    large russet potatoes, cleaned and cut into ⅔”-thick wedges
  • 3 tsp.
    kosher salt, divided
  • 2 tsp.
    white vinegar
  • 3 tbsp.
    cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp.
    baking powder
  • 2 tsp.
    spices of your choice

Directions​

Step 1: Position an oven rack in the center and lower levels, then preheat the oven to 425Β°F. Apply 2 tablespoons of oil onto each of 2 large baking sheets.
Step 2: Place potatoes, along with 2 teaspoons of salt and vinegar, into a large pot. Cover them with cold water. Place the pot over medium heat and bring it to a boil. Cook until the potatoes become semi-translucent and are easily pierced with a knife, approximately 8 minutes. Drain the potatoes and gently pat them dry with paper towels.
Step 3: In a large bowl, combine the potatoes with the remaining oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, cornstarch, baking powder, and spices. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated. Spread the potatoes evenly between the prepared baking sheets, arranging them in a single layer.
Step 4: Bake until the potatoes turn deeply golden, flipping both the fries and the positions of the baking sheets halfway through the cooking time, which should take 30 to 35 minutes.

Now go ahead, gather your loved ones, and indulge in the crispy, savory delight of these steak fries. Enjoy!
These steak fries look amazing! Has anyone tried seasoning them with garlic powder and rosemary? Can't wait to serve these with my next burger night! πŸŸπŸ”πŸŒΏ

Back