⋆.˚ Steamed Sweet Potato and Taro Cake Recipe 🎂♨️

aurora

Tasty Apprentice
Listen up, gentlemen! 📣 As I strolled through this bustling street market, I smelled these delicious steamed pastries. 😋 The idea of combining sweet potatoes and taro was so brilliant that after tasting one, I had to recreate these at home. 🍠 Let's start preparing!

Ingredients:
6.jpg
  • 500g sweet potatoes​
  • 30g desiccated coconut​
  • 50g pine nuts​
  • 50g winter melon sugar​
  • 50g kumquat cake​
  • 50g candied soybeans​
  • 300g taro​
  • 1/2 tsp salt​
  • 2 tbsp sugar​
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch or potato starch​
Directions:
  1. Peel, cut and steam the sweet potatoes until cooked. Mash them with the desiccated coconut until a smooth paste forms. Press the mixture into a steaming mold and flatten evenly.​
  2. Dice the winter melon sugar and kumquat cake, then mix them with the pine nuts and candied soybeans. Spread this mixture on top of the sweet potato paste.​
  3. Cut, peel, and thinly shred the taro. Mix the shredded taro with the salt, sugar, and starch until slightly softened. Spread the taro shreds on the cake.​
  4. Place the mold in a steamer and steam for 20 minutes until cooked.​
  5. Unmold the cake, let cool, and decorate with pine nuts, kumquat cake, and candied soybeans before serving.​
You may eat these deliciously flavorful and texture-packed handmade steamed sweet potato and taro cakes by themselves or with your preferred dipping sauce. These steamed cakes will definitely please your palate, whether you're in the mood for a salty snack or are searching for a special side dish to go with your dinner. ⸜(。˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝

Wow, this cake looks incredible! 🤩 Love the sweet potato and taro combo, and the different textures sound amazing 😋 Thanks for sharing this recipe - gotta try making these at home for a unique snack or side dish! 🙌

Wow, this cake looks incredible! 🤩 Love the sweet potato and taro combo, and the different textures sound amazing 😋 Thanks for sharing this recipe - gotta try making these at home for a unique snack or side dish! 🙌
I'm so happy the sweet potato and taro cake is making you happy! You'll like the delectable fusion of tastes and textures. Savor each taste of what you like producing! Cheers to your culinary adventures! 🤩🎂🙌

Back