Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Pad Pak Boong)

TheAmericanNightmare

Novice Foodie
Hey folks! I recently discovered the wonders of stir-fried water spinach (Pad Pak Boong) and I couldn't resist sharing some mouthwatering recipes with you all!

STIR-FRIED WATER SPINACH (PAD PAK BOONG.jpg

Ingredients:

4 cloves of garlic​
4 red Thai chillies​
1 tablespoon of olive oil​
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce​
1 ½ tablespoons of fermented soybean paste​
1 bundle of water spinach, about 12.5 ounces or 350 grams​

Preparation:
  1. Prepare the water spinach by cutting off the roots and the first few inches of all the stalks, then discard them. This part is typically too fibrous and not desirable for your stir-fry.
  2. Remove any yellow or bruised leaves and rinse the remaining stalks under running water. Next, chop them into 3-4 cm pieces (you can do the whole bunch with each cut) and set aside.
  3. Peel the garlic and remove the stems from the chillies. Roughly pound the garlic and then the chillies in your mortar with a pestle. Set the mixture aside.
  4. Place a pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and wait for about 1 minute or until the oil is hot.
  5. Add the garlic and chilli mixture and stir until fragrant, which should take about 2 minutes.
  6. Add the chopped water spinach to the pan and stir for about 2 minutes or until it begins to wilt slightly.
  7. Incorporate the oyster sauce, followed by the fermented soybean paste. Continue stirring to ensure all the ingredients are well mixed, and cook until the water spinach turns bright green and becomes more wilted, about 2 minutes. Note that you don't want the water spinach to become completely wilted and darken in colour.
I hope you enjoy experimenting with this delicious and nutritious dish as much as I have!

I stumbled upon this thread and couldn't resist chiming in! Stir-fried water spinach is truly a gem in the world of Asian cuisine. I tried to pair it with barbeque and some fried fish. It was perfect. Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe!

Stir-fried water spinachsav.jpg

It sounds absolutely delicious and perfect for a quick and nutritious meal. I appreciate the detailed instructions, especially how to prepare the water spinach and the flavor-packed sauce. I can't wait to give it a try and experience the vibrant flavors of Thai cuisine right in my own kitchen. Your generosity in sharing this recipe is truly appreciated. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out!

Hey there! Stir-fried water spinach sounds delicious! I've had the pleasure of trying it once, and let me tell you, it was a flavor explosion in every bite. There's something about the crispiness of the water spinach combined with the savory flavors of the stir-fry that's just irresistible. 🌿🍴

Stir-Fried Water Spinach, also known as Pad Pak Boong, is a delicious and nutritious Thai dish that's bursting with flavor and freshness! 🌿🔥✨ Imagine tender water spinach leaves, stir-fried to perfection with garlic, chili peppers, and oyster sauce, creating a mouthwatering combination of savory, spicy, and slightly sweet flavors. Each bite is a symphony of textures, with the crispiness of the spinach complementing the tender crunch of garlic and the subtle heat of the chili peppers. Whether enjoyed as a side dish or a main course, Pad Pak Boong is a delightful culinary adventure that's sure to satisfy your cravings for Thai cuisine! 🍃🌶️🍴

Back