Stir-fry veggies with Tofu

Daemon09

Novice Foodie
Thinking of something delicious yet healthy but don’t have time to cook? Try Stir-Fry Veggies with Tofu recipe! This is my go-to dish whenever I'm in a hurry :love:

Here are the ingredients and step-by-step method on how you can make a healthy and quick meal.

Stir-Fry Veggies with Tofu.gif

Ingredients:
  • 1 block (14-16 ounces) firm or extra firm tofu
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free option)
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or any cooking oil of your choice)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon grated ginger
  • 1 bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1 carrot, julienned or thinly sliced
  • 1 cup snap peas or snow peas, trimmed
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • Optional: 1 tablespoon cornstarch (to thicken sauce)
  • Optional toppings: sesame seeds, chopped green onions, red pepper flakes
  • Cooked rice or noodles, for serving
Here's how to make Stir-Fry Veggies with Tofu:

1. Prepare the Tofu:
    • Drain the tofu from its packaging and wrap it in a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
    • Place a heavy object, like a cast iron skillet or a few books, on top of the wrapped tofu to press out excess water. Let it press for about 15-20 minutes. This helps the tofu to firm up and absorb flavors better.
  2. Marinate the Tofu:
    • Once the tofu is pressed, cut it into bite-sized cubes or strips.
    • In a shallow dish, whisk together 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
    • Add the tofu to the marinade and gently toss to coat. Let it marinate for at least 10-15 minutes while you prepare the vegetables.
  3. Prepare the Sauce (Optional):
    • If you want to thicken the stir-fry sauce, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water until smooth. Set aside.
  4. Stir-Fry the Veggies and Tofu:
    • Heat the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
    • Add minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan, and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
    • Add the marinated tofu to the pan, spreading it out into a single layer. Cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping occasionally, until tofu is golden brown and slightly crispy on the edges.
    • Once tofu is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
    • In the same pan, add sliced bell peppers, broccoli florets, julienned carrots, and snap peas. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
  5. Combine Tofu and Veggies:
    • Return the cooked tofu to the pan with the vegetables.
    • If using, pour in the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce. Stir well to combine.
    • Add sliced green onions and any additional sauce ingredients you prefer.
    • Cook for another 1-2 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken and coat the tofu and vegetables evenly.
  6. Serve:
    • Remove the pan from heat and serve the stir-fry immediately.
    • Garnish with sesame seeds, chopped green onions, or red pepper flakes if desired.
    • Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
And that's it! You can now enjoy your delicious Stir-Fry Veggies with Tofu!

Wow, this Stir-Fry Veggies with Tofu recipe is a lifesaver! Quick, easy, and healthy – just what I needed for a busy weeknight dinner. The step-by-step instructions are super clear, even for someone like me who's not a pro in the kitchen. And the best part? It looks and tastes amazing! The tofu gets perfectly crispy, and the veggies are so flavorful. Plus, I love that I can customize it with different toppings and serve it over rice or noodles. Definitely adding this recipe to my go-to list! 😍🍲

Oh, how exciting! Stir-fry veggies with tofu? 🥦🍲 Count me in for a healthy and flavorful meal! 💚 Thanks a bunch for sharing this tasty recipe—I can't wait to whip it up and enjoy a delicious and nutritious feast! 🌟 Let's get stir-frying! 👩‍🍳🔥

Back