Sunday Roast Chicken

corbin

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys, I just want to share this Sunday Roast Chicken recipe. It is simple yet incredibly satisfying, with crispy golden skin and juicy, flavorful meat. Gather your family and friends for a delicious meal that's sure to become a cherished tradition!
777×515
94.7 kB

sundayroastchicken.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 whole chicken (about 4-5 pounds)
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, or parsley), chopped
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 1 lemon, halved
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 2 carrots, chopped into large chunks
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped into large chunks
  • Olive oil, for drizzling
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
  2. Remove the giblets from the cavity of the chicken, if included, and discard or reserve for another use. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels both inside and out.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped fresh herbs, salt, and black pepper to make a compound butter.
  4. Gently loosen the skin of the chicken by sliding your fingers underneath, being careful not to tear it.
  5. Rub the compound butter evenly under the skin of the chicken, spreading it over the breasts and thighs. This will help keep the meat moist and add flavor.
  6. Season the outside of the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
  7. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the halved lemon, onion quarters, chopped carrots, and celery stalks. This will infuse the chicken with additional flavor as it roasts.
  8. Truss the chicken by tying the legs together with kitchen twine and tucking the wings underneath the body. This will help the chicken cook evenly and retain its shape.
  9. Place the trussed chicken in a roasting pan or large baking dish. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and rub it over the skin.
  10. Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 15 minutes at 425°F (220°C) to brown the skin.
  11. After 15 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C) and continue roasting the chicken for 1 to 1.5 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) in the thickest part of the thigh and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
  12. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
  13. Carve the Sunday Roast Chicken into serving portions and arrange on a platter with the roasted vegetables.
  14. Serve the chicken hot with your favorite side dishes, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and gravy.
  15. Enjoy the tender, flavorful meat and crispy skin of this classic Sunday Roast Chicken with your loved ones, and savor the comforting goodness of a home-cooked meal!
Enjoy the Sunday Roast Chicken with your loved ones!

I've been craving Sunday Roast Chicken lately! 🍗 This recipe sounds fantastic. I can practically smell it cooking already!

Had a Sunday roast chicken last week but it didn't meet my expectations.. Thankfully I found your recipe and it seems easy to follow! Thanks for sharing! 😉

Your Sunday Roast Chicken recipe sounds amazing! It's wonderful how a simple meal like this can bring loved ones together. Thanks for sharing—this is sure to become a favorite tradition! 🍗🌟

Back