🌞🍅 Sundried Tomato Bread – A Savory Delight! 🍞❤️

Oniokitty

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I just made this amazing sundried tomato bread and had to share it with you all. It’s soft, savory, and has that perfect bite of tangy tomatoes. It's great for sandwiches, dipping in olive oil, or just enjoying on its own. Thought you might love it too! 😊 Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

• 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 packet (2 ¼ tsp) active dry yeast
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup warm water (110°F)
  • ¼ cup olive oil (plus a bit more for brushing)
  • ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped (packed in oil, drained)
  • 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder (optional, but so good!)
Instructions:

1. Activate the yeast: In a small bowl, mix warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it gets foamy.
  2. Mix the dough: In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture, olive oil, chopped sundried tomatoes, rosemary, and garlic powder. Mix until the dough starts coming together.
  3. Knead it out: Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for about 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. If it's sticky, sprinkle a bit of flour as you go.
  4. Let it rise: Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a kitchen towel, and let it rise for about 1 hour (or until doubled in size).
  5. Shape & rise again: Punch down the dough and shape it into a loaf. Place it in a greased bread pan or on a baking sheet. Let it rise for another 30-40 minutes.
  6. Bake: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Brush the top of the loaf with olive oil, and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
  7. Enjoy: Let it cool before slicing (if you can wait that long 😂). It pairs SO well with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, or even some soft cheese.
    Sundried Tomato Bread Recipe.jpg
I hope you give this a try! Let me know how it turns out or if you have any tweaks. 🥖✨

Back