🎂 Swedish Budapestrulle "Budapest Roll Cake" ᝰ.ᐟ

beni

Tasty Apprentice
Recipes that blend various flavors and textures to create a delectable dessert experience have always captivated me. Looking through my grandmother's old cookbook this weekend, I came upon a recipe for Swedish Budapestrulle, or Budapest Roll Cake. My taste senses were buzzing with excitement from the hazelnut meringue loaded with whipped cream, juicy clementines, and dark chocolate! I had to share my handmade dessert masterpiece with other dessert lovers as soon as I tried it. 🍰

Ingredients
Budapestrulle.jpg

Cake
• 6 Egg Whites
• Pinch Kosher Salt
• 325 g White Sugar
• 30 g Cornstarch
• 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
• 150 g Toasted Hazelnuts finely chopped

Filling
• 300 ml Whipping Cream
• 1 tsp Icing Sugar
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 300 g Canned Mandarin Oranges

Topping
• 50 g Dark Chocolate melted
• 25 g Toasted Chopped Hazelnuts

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Whip the egg whites with salt in the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment until light and fluffy. Start adding the sugar, bit by bit. Keeping whisking until you reach stiff peak. Add the cornstarch and white wine vinegar and whisk again.
3. Fold in the roughly ground hazelnuts. Fill a piping bag with meringue mixture. Pipe into a prepared rectangular baking pan lined with parchment paper in an even layer.
4. Bake for around 25-30 minutes until the meringue is firm, slightly cracked on top and lightly browned. Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
5. Cut a piece of baking parchment slightly larger than the pan and place on the worktop. Carefully turn the meringue out onto the baking parchment and let cool.
6. Meanwhile, whip the cream for the filling with the icing sugar and vanilla until stiff. Chop the mandarins into small pieces.
7. Peel away the parchment from the cold meringue. Spread an even layer of the whipped cream on top of the meringue and then add the mandarin pieces. Very carefully roll up the meringue lengthwise, as tightly and neatly as possible, using the baking parchment to help you.
8 Transfer to a large serving plate, making sure the seam is underneath. Drizzle the melted chocolate across the top, then sprinkle with the toasted chopped hazelnuts. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.

Indulge in the deliciousness of our homemade Swedish Budapestrulle! 🍰 Whether it's a family dinner or a gathering with friends, this dessert is perfect for any occasion. The delicate hazelnut meringue, creamy whipped cream, juicy clementines, and decadent dark chocolate make every bite a delight. Treat yourself to something special and savor every delicious moment!

Recipes that blend various flavors and textures to create a delectable dessert experience have always captivated me. Looking through my grandmother's old cookbook this weekend, I came upon a recipe for Swedish Budapestrulle, or Budapest Roll Cake. My taste senses were buzzing with excitement from the hazelnut meringue loaded with whipped cream, juicy clementines, and dark chocolate! I had to share my handmade dessert masterpiece with other dessert lovers as soon as I tried it. 🍰

IngredientsView attachment 2727

Cake
• 6 Egg Whites
• Pinch Kosher Salt
• 325 g White Sugar
• 30 g Cornstarch

Filling
• 300 ml Whipping Cream
• 1 tsp Icing Sugar
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Topping

Instructions

2. Whip the egg whites with salt in the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment until light and fluffy. Start adding the sugar, bit by bit. Keeping whisking until you reach stiff peak. Add the cornstarch and white wine vinegar and whisk again.
3. Fold in the roughly ground hazelnuts. Fill a piping bag with meringue mixture. Pipe into a prepared rectangular baking pan lined with parchment paper in an even layer.
4. Bake for around 25-30 minutes until the meringue is firm, slightly cracked on top and lightly browned. Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
5. Cut a piece of baking parchment slightly larger than the pan and place on the worktop. Carefully turn the meringue out onto the baking parchment and let cool.
6. Meanwhile, whip the cream for the filling with the icing sugar and vanilla until stiff. Chop the mandarins into small pieces.
7. Peel away the parchment from the cold meringue. Spread an even layer of the whipped cream on top of the meringue and then add the mandarin pieces. Very carefully roll up the meringue lengthwise, as tightly and neatly as possible, using the baking parchment to help you.
8 Transfer to a large serving plate, making sure the seam is underneath. Drizzle the melted chocolate across the top, then sprinkle with the toasted chopped hazelnuts. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.

Indulge in the deliciousness of our homemade Swedish Budapestrulle! 🍰 Whether it's a family dinner or a gathering with friends, this dessert is perfect for any occasion. The delicate hazelnut meringue, creamy whipped cream, juicy clementines, and decadent dark chocolate make every bite a delight. Treat yourself to something special and savor every delicious moment!
Pro tip for the Swedish Budapestrulle: chill the whipped cream before assembling for a smoother texture. Trust me, it makes a difference! 🙌

Pro tip for the Swedish Budapestrulle: chill the whipped cream before assembling for a smoother texture. Trust me, it makes a difference! 🙌
Mmm, Swedish Budapestrulle sounds like a slice of heaven! 🌈 I think the Budapest Roll Cake must be a delightful blend of flavors and textures! Though, I might try sprinkling some crushed nuts on top for added crunch! 🥜

What a great expert suggestion for the Budapestrulle in Sweden! 🙌 It's such an easy yet smart idea to chill the whipped cream in advance for a smoother texture. Small touches like these can really make a recipe stand out, and I can see how they might improve the Budapest Roll Cake-eating experience as a whole. I appreciate you giving this useful advice; I'll be sure to remember it the next time I prepare this delicious dessert! 🎂👌

Mmm, Swedish Budapestrulle sounds like a slice of heaven! 🌈 I think the Budapest Roll Cake must be a delightful blend of flavors and textures! Though, I might try sprinkling some crushed nuts on top for added crunch! 🥜
It's a really great idea that you topped the Swedish Budapestrulle with crushed nuts! 🌈🥜 It's a great method to give the Budapest Roll Cake a flavor and texture contrast, which elevates its overall deliciousness. I can see how the cake's delicate, creamy layers would be enhanced by the nutty crunch, producing a delicious symphony of flavors and sensations. I appreciate you sharing this inventive tweak; it will definitely elevate an already delicious dessert to new heights! 🎂✨

IngredientsView attachment 2727

Cake
• 6 Egg Whites
• Pinch Kosher Salt
• 325 g White Sugar
• 30 g Cornstarch

Filling
• 300 ml Whipping Cream
• 1 tsp Icing Sugar
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Topping

Instructions

Wow, this Swedish Budapest Roll Cake looks amazing! Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Back