Sweet and Sour Glazed Shrimp

Xeth_

Tasty Apprentice
Today, I'm thrilled to share my recipe for Sweet and Sour Glazed Shrimp. Get ready to dive into succulent shrimp coated in a mouthwatering glaze that's bursting with flavor - it's an irresistible dish that will leave you craving more!

Ingredients:
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Green onions, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)

Sweet and Sour Glazed Shrimp.jpg

Instructions:
1. Season the shrimp with salt and black pepper, then coat them evenly in cornstarch.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
3. Add the coated shrimp to the skillet and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add diced bell pepper and onion. Cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Stir in pineapple chunks, sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
6. Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat evenly in the sweet and sour glaze.
7. Serve the Sweet and Sour Glazed Shrimp over cooked rice.
8. Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
9. Enjoy this delectable dish that's sure to satisfy your taste buds with its perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors! 🍤🍍

Sweet and sour glazed shrimp? Get ready for a flavor explosion that'll have your taste buds dancing with delight! 🍤🍍 Indulge in succulent shrimp coated in a sticky, sweet-and-sour glaze, bursting with the tropical flavors of pineapple and a hint of tanginess. It's a dish that's sure to transport you to a beachside paradise with every bite! 🏝️🌺

Thanks for sharing this Sweet and Sour Glazed Shrimp recipe! It looks delicious :). One tip I'd add is to pat the shrimp dry before coating them with cornstarch. This helps the cornstarch adhere better and gives you a crispier coating. Can't wait to try it out!

Back