Sweet and Sour Pork - Easy Recipe

soshi4eva

Novice Foodie
Hey, foodies! Craving for some Chinese Food? I'll share you my grandma's very own recipe of Sweet and Sour Pork. With its crunch but juicy pork covered with sweet and tangy sauce, this will surely be a staple on your dinner šŸ˜‰
SWEET AND SOUR PORK.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 Ā½ pounds boneless pork loin (or boneless pork shoulder), diced into Ā½-inch cubes
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Ā¼ cup finely ground rice flour
  • Ā¼ cup vegetable oil of choice, divided
  • 1 bell pepper (color of choice), deseeded and diced into Ā½-inch cubes
  • 1 red onion, diced into Ā½-inch cubes
  • 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced into Ā½-inch cubes
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
for the sweet and sour sauce:
  • ā…“ cup packed brown sugar(dark brown sugar, if available)

• Ā¼ cup rice wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons ketchup
  • 1ā€“2 tablespoons soy sauce
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Place the pork in a medium bowl, seasoning all over with kosher salt. Sprinkle the rice flour over top, tossing to lightly coat the pork in the flour. Set aside.
2. Combine all listed ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot and shimmering, add in the bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly until barely softened, about 1 minute. Carefully transfer vegetables to a large plate or bowl and set aside.
4. Pour the sweet and sour sauce into the skillet with the pork. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring often, until the sweet and sour sauce thickens slightly, 2-3 minutes. Add the vegetables back into the pot. Stir to combine and cook until warmed through.
5. Serve immediately, spooned over white rice. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions as desired. Enjoy!

Note:
You can actually prep your sauce ahead of time then just pop it in the fridgešŸ˜‰

Wow, that sounds amazing! I can practically taste it already. Sweet and sour pork is always a hit, especially with that homemade touch. And being able to prep the sauce ahead of time? Genius! I'm definitely trying this recipe out for dinner tonight!" šŸ¤©šŸ“

Back