Sweet Delights from Turkey: Homemade Turkish Delight Recipe

Bubbles

Culinary Explorer
After experimenting with various recipes and techniques, I finally cracked the code and created the perfect homemade Turkish Delight. I'm excited to share my journey and this recipe with all of you!

Homemade Turkish Delight Recipe.jpg
Ingredients:

• 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 cup cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 teaspoon rosewater or orange blossom water
  • Food coloring (optional)
  • Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
  • Chopped pistachios or walnuts (optional), for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, 1 cup of water, and lemon juice. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, then let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes until it reaches a syrupy consistency (about 240°F/115°C on a candy thermometer).
  2. In a separate saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch, cream of tartar, and 1 1/2 cups of water until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and becomes gelatinous.
  3. Slowly pour the hot sugar syrup into the cornstarch mixture, stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
  4. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 45-60 minutes until it thickens and becomes translucent.
  5. Stir in the rosewater or orange blossom water and food coloring (if using), mixing until well combined.
  6. Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined square pan, smoothing out the top with a spatula. Let it cool and set at room temperature for several hours or overnight.
  7. Once set, use a sharp knife to cut the Turkish Delight into small squares or rectangles.
  8. Dust the pieces with confectioners' sugar to prevent sticking and give them a sweet finish. Optionally, sprinkle chopped pistachios or walnuts on top for added flavor and texture.
There you have it – homemade Turkish Delight that's bursting with flavor and tradition! Whether you enjoy it as a sweet treat or gift it to friends and family, this recipe is sure to transport you to the vibrant streets of Turkey✨

Thanks fo sharing this 😁, your Homemade Turkish Delight looks so tempting! I'm planning to experiment with different extracts like almond or vanilla to add some depth to the flavor profile. Plus, it could be a fun way to customize batches for different preferences

Homemade Turkish Delight? Count me in for a taste of sweet delight! 🍬✨ There's something magical about the chewy texture and fragrant flavors of rosewater and pistachios in every bite. Plus, making it at home sounds like a fun culinary adventure! Thanks for sharing this recipe—I can't wait to recreate a taste of Turkey in my own kitchen! 🇹🇷😋

Back