Sweet, Sour, & Spicy Korean Fried Chicken

Aprodhite

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, So, I recently tried out this amazing recipe for Sweet, Sour, & Spicy Korean Fried Chicken, and let me tell you, it was a all good 😀 So here it goes,

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds chicken wings
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • ½ cup potato starch
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Instructions:

1. So, first things first, we gotta get those chicken wings prepped and ready for their flavor journey. Rinse 'em off, pat 'em dry, and give 'em a generous sprinkle of kosher salt and ground black pepper. We want these babies seasoned to perfection!
  2. Now, in a bowl, let's mix together the potato starch, all-purpose flour, and baking soda. This is gonna be the secret weapon for that super crispy coating we all crave. It's like giving our wings a delicious crunchy armor!
  3. Crack those eggs into another bowl and give 'em a good ol' whisk. We're gonna use this eggy goodness to help our flour mixture stick to the wings. Dip each wing into the eggs, then roll 'em around in the flour mixture until they're fully coated. Yep, it's gonna get messy, but hey, that's half the fun, right?
  4. Heat up some oil in a deep fryer or heavy-bottomed pot to about 350°F (175°C). Carefully drop those coated wings into the hot oil, and let 'em sizzle away until they're golden brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Oh man, that sizzle sound gets me every time!
  5. While our wings are getting all crispy and delicious, let's whip up that sauce. In a saucepan, combine sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, minced garlic, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Let it simmer and reduce until it's nice and thick, like a flavor bomb waiting to explode!
  6. Once our wings are fried to perfection, toss 'em in that glorious sauce until they're coated in all that sweet, sour, and spicy goodness. Oh yeah, this is where the magic happens!
  7. Sprinkle on some toasted sesame seeds for that final touch of Korean flair, and voila! You've got yourself a batch of Sweet, Sour, & Spicy Korean Fried Chicken that's gonna have everyone begging for more.

So there you have it, Now, go ahead, give this recipe a whirl, and let me know what you think. And hey, don't forget to have some napkins handy 'cause things are about to get deliciously messy!
    Sweet, sour, spicy Korean fried chicken.jpg

Sounds amazing! 🍗🌶️ Can't wait to try your Sweet, Sour, & Spicy Korean Fried Chicken recipe! Thanks a bunch for sharing—I'm already salivating at the thought of that flavorful combo! 😋👌

Back