Swiss Meringue Buttercream Recipe

Oniokitty

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! šŸŽ‚ I just tried making Swiss Meringue Buttercream for the first time, and it turned out amazing! I thought Iā€™d share the recipe in case anyone else is looking for a creamy, delicious frosting for cakes or cupcakes. Hereā€™s how you can make it:

Ingredients:

• 5 large egg whites
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:

1. Heat Egg Whites: In a heatproof bowl (like a metal or glass mixing bowl), combine the egg whites and sugar. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water (double boiler) and whisk constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture reaches about 160Ā°F (70Ā°C).
  2. Whip Meringue: Transfer the mixture to a stand mixer bowl and beat on high speed until stiff, glossy peaks form and the meringue has cooled to room temperature. This usually takes about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Add Butter: With the mixer on medium speed, add the softened butter one tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until the mixture looks silky and smooth. If it looks curdled at first, just keep mixing; it will come together.
  4. Flavor and Finish: Add the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, then beat for another 2 minutes.
  5. Use or Store: Your Swiss Meringue Buttercream is now ready to use! Itā€™s perfect for piping onto cakes and cupcakes. If you're not using it right away, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week or freeze it for up to a month. Just make sure to re-whip it before using if itā€™s been chilled.
    swiss meringue buttercream recipe.jpg
I hope you find this recipe as fantastic as I did! Let me know if you have any questions or tips to share. šŸ˜ŠšŸ°

Whoa, that Swiss Meringue Buttercream looks amazing! šŸ˜ Thanks for sharing the recipe, canā€™t wait to try it out! šŸ™ŒšŸ’•

This Swiss Meringue Buttercream recipe is gorgeous! I love how silky and smooth it looksā€”perfect for decorating cakes or cupcakes. Canā€™t wait to give this a whirl! Thanks for the tip! šŸ˜

Swiss meringue buttercream is such a game changer for cakes! Itā€™s so smooth and creamy. Do you use any special flavorings or colorings in yours? I love how versatile it is for decorating!

Back