Tanghulu Recipe πŸ“πŸ₯πŸŠ

Hi everyone, today I want to share a recipe for tanghulu, a snack that I recently made. I loved the tanghulu that I had yesterday so much that I decided to make my own version at home. The sugar coating is so crunchy and satisfying, and it's a great snack to munch on. You should definitely give this recipe a try! πŸ˜‹

TANGHULU RECIPE.jpeg

Ingredients:

• 5 strawberries
  • 5 seedless grapes
  • 5 clementine segments
  • 5 wooden skewers (12-inch length)
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup

Equipment:
  • Large baking sheet
  • Paper towels
  • Small saucepan
  • Candy thermometer
  • Bowl filled with ice water
  • Heavy cup or saucepan
  • Kitchen scissors

Procedure:

Step 1: Pat dry 5 strawberries, 5 seedless grapes, and 5 clementine segments with paper towels.
Step 2: Thread the fruits onto 5 wooden skewers (12-inch length), alternating between strawberries, grapes, and clementine segments, ensuring they cover the end of each skewer and touch.
Step 3: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 3/4 cup white sugar, 1/3 cup water, and 2 tablespoons light corn syrup. Bring to a boil without stirring.
Step 4: Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until a candy thermometer registers 300Β°F (150Β°C), about 18-20 minutes.
Step 5: Fill a bowl with ice water for an ice bath.
Step 6: Remove the saucepan from heat and let it stand for 1-2 minutes until bubbles subside. Carefully dip each fruit skewer into the sugar mixture, rotating to coat. Allow excess syrup to drip off, then immediately submerge the skewer in the ice bath for 1 minute.
Step 7: Place the dipped skewer upright in a heavy cup or saucepan to set and cool completely.
Step 8: Repeat the dipping process with remaining skewers and sugar mixture, working quickly.
Step 9: Use kitchen scissors to trim any excess sugar drips from the skewers.
Step 10: Serve the fruit skewers immediately as a delightful and sweet treat. Enjoy!

Hey, chill out. Learning Tanghulu can be challenging, but you're doing well. Persist and you will eventually succeed. Keep going and you'll succeed. πŸ˜„πŸ“πŸ₯πŸŠ.
Looks yummy but its hard to perfect! I tried and failed :ROFLMAO: But I'm never giving up

That sounds awesome! Tanghulu is simply awesome indeed. I also plan to try at home. Got any helpful tips or secret recipes how to get that irresistible crunchy outer layer? Thanks for sharing the recipe!πŸ˜‹
Tanghulu is seriously amazing, right? Just ensure your sugar syrup gets nice and hot and doesn’t burn for that perfect crunchy coating. You want it to turn golden and bubbly, dip those fruit skewers in, and let them coolβ€”it’ll harden up into that irresistible crunchy shell. Go for it and have fun!πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

How do you do it without burning the sugar. If I don’t stir sugar and it’s boiling on high it burns into a big black ball

Reactions: Mui
Hi everyone, today I want to share a recipe for tanghulu, a snack that I recently made. I loved the tanghulu that I had yesterday so much that I decided to make my own version at home. The sugar coating is so crunchy and satisfying, and it's a great snack to munch on. You should definitely give this recipe a try! πŸ˜‹

View attachment 1598
Ingredients:

• 5 strawberries
  • 5 seedless grapes
  • 5 clementine segments
  • 5 wooden skewers (12-inch length)
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup

Equipment:
  • Large baking sheet
  • Paper towels
  • Small saucepan
  • Candy thermometer
  • Bowl filled with ice water
  • Heavy cup or saucepan
  • Kitchen scissors

Procedure:

Step 1: Pat dry 5 strawberries, 5 seedless grapes, and 5 clementine segments with paper towels.
Step 2: Thread the fruits onto 5 wooden skewers (12-inch length), alternating between strawberries, grapes, and clementine segments, ensuring they cover the end of each skewer and touch.
Step 3: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 3/4 cup white sugar, 1/3 cup water, and 2 tablespoons light corn syrup. Bring to a boil without stirring.
Step 4: Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until a candy thermometer registers 300Β°F (150Β°C), about 18-20 minutes.
Step 5: Fill a bowl with ice water for an ice bath.
Step 6: Remove the saucepan from heat and let it stand for 1-2 minutes until bubbles subside. Carefully dip each fruit skewer into the sugar mixture, rotating to coat. Allow excess syrup to drip off, then immediately submerge the skewer in the ice bath for 1 minute.
Step 7: Place the dipped skewer upright in a heavy cup or saucepan to set and cool completely.
Step 8: Repeat the dipping process with remaining skewers and sugar mixture, working quickly.
Step 9: Use kitchen scissors to trim any excess sugar drips from the skewers.
Step 10: Serve the fruit skewers immediately as a delightful and sweet treat. Enjoy!
I think dipping strawberries, kiwi, and orange slices in hot sugar syrup creates a shiny coating for Tanghulu. Though it’s important to let them cool and harden before enjoying! πŸ“πŸ₯πŸŠπŸ¬

• Love
Reactions: Mui
How do you do it without burning the sugar. If I don’t stir sugar and it’s boiling on high it burns into a big black ball
Totally get it! Try stirring the sugar constantly while it's heating to keep it from burning. πŸ™ŒπŸ¬

I think dipping strawberries, kiwi, and orange slices in hot sugar syrup creates a shiny coating for Tanghulu. Though it’s important to let them cool and harden before enjoying! πŸ“πŸ₯πŸŠπŸ¬

Omg, that Tanghulu sounds bomb! πŸ˜‹πŸ­ I love how you’re using hot sugar syrup for that shiny finishβ€”totally gonna try this!

Back