Thai Green-Curry Chicken Satay šŸ¢šŸ¢

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
You could use any curry paste you like. Do you have a favourite shop-bought paste or a homemade Panang curry paste in the freezer? Feel free to use that one. Making use of a curry paste for a marinade is a real shortcut to a flavor-packed BBQ-dish!

Ingredients for chicken satay:
  • 3 tbsp homemade green curry paste (or any other curry paste)
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 500g chicken fillet or thighs, cut into thin strips
  • 1 tbsp palm sugar
  • 1 tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
  • 150 ml coconut milk
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
Ingredients for satay sauce:
  • 1 heaped tbsp of green curry paste
  • 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp of peanut butter (preferably crunchy)
  • 4 tbsp of roasted peanuts, coarsely ground/chopped
  • 150 ml coconut milk
  • 1 tsp fish sauce
  • 1 tbsp palm/regular sugar
Directions:
  1. ā€The first step will be cutting up your chicken thighs in chunks of your preference. I personally like to make the cubes approximately 1cm x 1cm, because I don't like to grill the satay for to long. Most important is that you are consistent in the cutting size, so that your satay will cook evenly. Then put all the other satay ingredients in a bowl and give a whisk, add your chicken and put in the fridge for at least one hour but ideally overnight. If you are using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water to prevent burning on the BBQ.
  2. ā€Now it's time to make the peanut-satay sauce. Start by heating up the vegetable oil in a small saucepan on a medium heat. Fry your curry paste for about 3 minutes while stirring occasionally. Then add all the other sauce ingredients and make sure you put it on your smallest burner on a real low heat. slowly simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes and your satay sauce will be finished. If you cook your satay sauce too long or on a high heat you will see that al the oil from the peanuts and the coconut milk separate and start floating on top, that is not what we are aiming for!
  3. ā€Skew your chicken satay on the soaked skewers and now it's time to grill the satay. Ideally we do this on a BBQ but sometimes you want to make this dish in winter or you don't want to start a fire. In this case you can also use a griddle pan. Grill your satays on a medium-high heat and make sure you keep turning them often. After about 5 minutes of grilling (depending on your chunk size) your chicken satay will be ready to eat. Serve with the peanut sauce. Enjoy!
I'm sure you'll love making and eating this delicious Thai Green-Curry Chicken Satay recipe! It's packed with flavor and perfect for a special meal or a casual get-together with friends.

Thai Green-Curry Chicken Satay.jpg

The combination of Thai green curry and tender chicken on skewers is making my mouth water already. It's such a flavorful twist on traditional satay, and I can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing your culinary creativity with us ā€“ I'm sure it'll be a hit at my next gathering! šŸ¢šŸ¢

The combination of Thai green curry and tender chicken on skewers is making my mouth water already. It's such a flavorful twist on traditional satay, and I can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing your culinary creativity with us ā€“ I'm sure it'll be a hit at my next gathering! šŸ¢šŸ¢
Hi! I totally agree that mixing Thai green curry with juicy chicken on skewers sounds amazing. It's a fun twist on the classic satay dish. I'm really excited for you to try it out. Let me know how it turns out for you! šŸ¢šŸ¢

I had the pleasure of partaking in this culinary gem, and I can vouch for its bright flavors and tempting aroma. The combination of soft chicken marinated in fragrant green curry sauce, skewered, and perfectly grilled is just delicious.

Back